carillo rod on stock crank or complete stock crank??

22 replies to this topic
  • doublediesel

Posted December 14, 2008 - 07:52 AM

I think for $350.00 I got the complete rod and crank OEM from Service Honda. Funny, now I have a slipping third gear too. It might be time to stop the bleeding and pasture the 650 for a new steed....so far its been a money pig!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kenaroo

Posted December 14, 2008 - 09:57 AM

Here's my thoughts

if your keeping the stock bore and compression on the XR... the oem unit will work well.

if your going big bore and/or higher compression.. I'd go Falicon or Carillio.

A few engine builders have discussed thier contempt with failures using the pro-x and the hotrods and have suggested going another route.

When rebuilding an engine on a bike I want to keep.. I wouldn't make price my deciding factor.. your only talking a few extra $100 to build a better engine. It's money well spent even if you have to wait until you get the extra funds.

• zipper600

Posted December 14, 2008 - 02:24 PM

Here's my thoughts

if your keeping the stock bore and compression on the XR... the oem unit will work well.

if your going big bore and/or higher compression.. I'd go Falicon or Carillio.

A few engine builders have discussed thier contempt with failures using the pro-x and the hotrods and have suggested going another route.

When rebuilding an engine on a bike I want to keep.. I wouldn't make price my deciding factor.. your only talking a few extra $100 to build a better engine. It's money well spent even if you have to wait until you get the extra funds.

this bike is a keeper..i already invested some money on it and lots of time.
Main problem is the money factor, or i would not hesitate to use only the best products.
I wanna keep the standard bore.In that case probably a Hot Rod might be enough.300 bucks for a Falicon i can get a Hot Rod and a Wiseco standard piston....:thumbsup: difficult choice...

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.