Straightening Subframe

2 replies to this topic
  • Dodger

Posted April 04, 2007 - 10:56 AM

So I am in need of straightening my sub-frame on an XRR, it's sitting pretty well to the left from behind. I bought the bike used, and the guy assured me the tail sat to the side because of the "custom" rack that was on there.

At any rate, if memory serves me, a lot of guys will mention using a long pipe/board, and jamming on it to move it back. So what, you stick it down and leverage off of the wheel, off the swing arm........??? Seems to me I'd be asking for trouble in leveraging off of the wheel.............

Any other ideas on how to straighten aluminum?? Let's her them........not ready to shell out $280 until I know I "can't" fix it..........

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XR4DEZ

Posted April 04, 2007 - 05:45 PM

There's a few subframes on Ebay. I used a pipe on the end of the subframe and just bent the frame over. It moved back after a while. Bought one at the dealer for 200 bucks with tax.

• dezracerE

Posted April 06, 2007 - 07:25 AM

Strip the rear.
2 guys, 1 large pipe.
1 hold, 1 bend- works every time.
A lot less than $200.

Related Content

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.