WR Supermoto

4 replies to this topic
  • ender_swift

Posted April 03, 2007 - 06:50 PM

Anybody Supermoto there wr's ? I want to try, it maybe for a road trip this summer.

Is this a bad idea ?

• WR_Jason

Posted April 04, 2007 - 08:00 AM

Lots of people have. I just picked up a second set of stock wheels so I can mount street tires on it and swap back to dirt mode in about 20 mins.
There is a super moto class where bikes have to have stock rims and suspension travel if your looking to race cheap.
A set of super moto rims sell for about $1200 with disc rotors. You still need tires and brake upgrades and you will have to cut down the suspension to be competitive in the mod classes.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted April 04, 2007 - 12:33 PM

I think he is just wanting to ride it that way.

• baha

Posted April 04, 2007 - 09:11 PM

Look in my garage

• 89TRX350RX

Posted April 05, 2007 - 05:10 AM

My buddy has a set of 17" tires on his '03, and he lent the rims/tires to me for a few weeks last fall... What a blast... If you like to ride your WR on the road, the only way to CARVE the corners:thumbsup: is on some Motard tires... I'm looking for a set for myself as I write this...

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.