Works Connection has Aluminum DipSticks Now

13 replies to this topic
  • twenty34

Posted April 03, 2007 - 06:10 PM

Fyi...Got a new Works Connection catalog in the mail and they have aluminum red/blue dip sticks for the YZ now. It only shows the CRF versions on the website, but I'll be picking one up as the catalog says they have for 03-07 YZ's.
http://worksconnecti...ewproducts.html

I just got my axle blocks and new oil filler cap plug too.:bonk:

http://worksconnecti...ml?prod_id=6254

http://worksconnecti...9&orig_man_id=7

• grayracer513

Posted April 03, 2007 - 07:29 PM

How much are the dipsticks?

• twenty34

Posted April 03, 2007 - 07:35 PM

How much are the dipsticks?

Well it looks like I got excited for nothing. They are $39.95, but when looking in the catalog again, they have the axle blocks and dip stick on the same page. After further review, they are only for Honda's. :naughty:

Shoot, I really wanted one. When I last spoke to ZipTy, they were also considering making one, but it's low priority on their list.:bonk:

• cowboyona426

Posted April 03, 2007 - 07:54 PM

If anyone ever does make one I'll be buying one for sure.... hopefully it's WC as I have almost everything they make for my bike! Going to order my axle blocks soon :bonk:

• grayracer513

Posted April 03, 2007 - 07:59 PM

Back to plan A; I'm having Junior make one at school. :bonk:

• twenty34

Posted April 03, 2007 - 08:03 PM

Back to plan A; I'm having Junior make one at school. :bonk:

Maybe he can make a few? I'd buy one for sure and likely a few others here. Or we can all just call WC or ZipTy and maybe it'll jump higher on their priority list. I can't believe that I have not stripped mine yet.

• twenty34

Posted April 03, 2007 - 08:05 PM

If anyone ever does make one I'll be buying one for sure.... hopefully it's WC as I have almost everything they make for my bike! Going to order my axle blocks soon :bonk:

Yea, the blocks looks pretty sweet. I'll get them on this week. Yea, I'm just waiting to strip my plastic dip stick.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted April 03, 2007 - 08:12 PM

I can't believe that I have not stripped mine yet.

They're a lot of fun to get screwed in, aren't they? I'm going to include an alignment shank below the threads on the design I give him. If he comes up with something, I'll let you know.

• twenty34

Posted April 03, 2007 - 08:33 PM

They're a lot of fun to get screwed in, aren't they? I'm going to include an alignment shank below the threads on the design I give him. If he comes up with something, I'll let you know.

:bonk: :naughty:

• Racer24

Posted April 03, 2007 - 09:26 PM

i hope the will make cages for the kxf....

• RCannon

Posted April 04, 2007 - 04:24 AM

Well it looks like I got excited for nothing. They are $39.95, but when looking in the catalog again, they have the axle blocks and dip stick on the same page. After further review, they are only for Honda's. :naughty:

Shoot, I really wanted one. When I last spoke to ZipTy, they were also considering making one, but it's low priority on their list.:bonk:

This appears to be the common answer from zip ty. I THINK they show pictures of what they want to make. Then then wait for backorders to see hom many to produce. They did this to me on three items I ordered as well...the "low priority" comments.

No matter, once you finally get the pieces, they are great qality.

• WB450

Posted April 04, 2007 - 07:38 AM

You had me reaching for the wallet, the plastic piece of :bonk: pisses me off every time. I've mentioned the dipstick to Zip Ty and Rocky Mtn. nothing yet.:naughty: :D

• Ga450owner

Posted April 04, 2007 - 07:43 AM

You had me reaching for the wallet, the plastic piece of :bonk: pisses me off every time. I've mentioned the dipstick to Zip Ty and Rocky Mtn. nothing yet.:D :bonk:

I agree...the plastic is bogus - just like the hotstart nut.....:naughty:

• NDC

Posted April 04, 2007 - 11:54 AM

However, IIRC the YZ's get the nice radiator cages, and the CRF's only get the little braces.....I think I like getting cages over the dipstick better. :bonk:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.