PIC of my 98

6 replies to this topic
  • racejmac

Posted April 03, 2007 - 05:13 PM

I've had the wheels for about a year now and finally got around to putting them on now that I have the rotor sets and spacers...

The gearing is 15 front and 39 rear... still wheelie's like a raped ape...

I'm going to get a couple of different rears so I can find the sweet spot for the track...

I'm loving the fact that I have both set's of wheels and the baja kit... 30 minutes either way and I can hit any road or track I want...

I love this bike...Posted Image

• Jaycycle

Posted April 03, 2007 - 05:19 PM

Looks really good. The wheels are wicked. :bonk:

Just a question, I hear this so much, what does a "raped ape" run like? Like..... When I think of a "raped ape" I think really really bad.....

Oh and your chain looks like its about to snap in half. Or is that okay for street...?

PS you should be able to heat those plastics up with a heat gun to get out the white.

• racejmac

Posted April 03, 2007 - 05:24 PM

Here in Texas, after raping an ape they have a tendency to be very fast...

The pic was taken before I had adjusted the chain... 1 inch of play is all I need...

I have different plastics but thanks for the tip...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jaycycle

Posted April 03, 2007 - 05:32 PM

Here in Texas, after raping an ape they have a tendency to be very fast...

Oh.... I see.

Is 98 the first year they made the yzf's?

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted April 04, 2007 - 09:34 PM

PS you should be able to heat those plastics up with a heat gun to get out the white.

When you heat it up, be sure to do it from the back of the plastic. Do it very slowly and not too much. After you get the white stress marks off of the back, then do the other side.

• byggd

Posted April 07, 2007 - 04:50 AM

The rear sprocket looks small. What size is it?

• Jaycycle

Posted April 07, 2007 - 06:19 AM

The gearing is 15 front and 39 rear

:bonk:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.