07wr450 running HOT

5 replies to this topic
  • wrjdm

Posted April 03, 2007 - 05:12 PM

I've had my 07 wr since Nov. of 06 and have done most of the suggested mods. Rejetted with 168 mj and bigger piolt..can't remember the size...removed the snorkels, yz exhaust tip, clipped the grey wire.....Heres the problem, the bike is running super hot. I don't think I'm running lean. No back fires or popping when letting off the gas while at high rpms. Any suggestions?

• resinlips

Posted April 03, 2007 - 05:54 PM

What are your running hot indicators? Plug color, coolant loss, or what.

• wrjdm

Posted April 03, 2007 - 06:20 PM

coolant loss, pipe turning blue all the way to silencer, engine seems to be radiating above normal heat from engine. Need to use hot start after only a few minutes of riding. thanks for your reply!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • resinlips

Posted April 03, 2007 - 07:50 PM

Mine does'nt seem to be hot with 165 main and 48 pilot. If you dont ride it on tracks re-connect the grey wire. I'm wondering if you have the mixture screw out two turns?

• Toyuki

Posted April 03, 2007 - 10:44 PM

make sure your silencer is clear from obstuctions, and take your radiator cap to the dealer for a pressure check! consider running the boyseen waterpump and engine ice! made a huge diferance in mine!

• SJMC_DON

Posted April 04, 2007 - 04:20 PM

coolant loss, pipe turning blue all the way to silencer, engine seems to be radiating above normal heat from engine. Need to use hot start after only a few minutes of riding. thanks for your reply!

What kind of terrain are you riding? Is it simply slow and technical? These bikes need the wind for heat transfer in those little a$$ radiators

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.