Replacement Carb Vent Lines????

14 replies to this topic
  • bg10459

Posted April 03, 2007 - 12:04 PM

Does anyone know what size vent lines are on our bikes and where to get them?
I'm guessing they're metric because I've tried 1/8" I.D. Parts Unlimited blue poly fuel line and it's too small and the 3/16" (I think) doesn't fit through the looms on the carb, although I'm pretty sure it fits the connectors.:bonk:
A few of my lines don't look so good, so I want to replace them all. Any help is appreciated.

• dominator426

Posted April 08, 2007 - 03:03 AM

It's metric 4 mm ID hose. Pretty hard to find besides Yamaha OEM.
Parker makes 4 mm tubing in:
Nylon (black or natural)
http://www.parker.co...THYLENE TUBING' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>Polyethylene (black or natural)
and http://www.parker.co...RETHANE TUBING' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>Polyurethane (black, blue, clear, grey, green, orange, red or yellow)

• TWILES

Posted April 08, 2007 - 07:24 AM

I replaced the one's on my Banshee once with some that the Napa store had. I thought it was 1/8 id and 1/4 od. It was the same stuff that was on it, it was green though. They only had 4' so I guess its not something they keep.

• dominator426

Posted April 08, 2007 - 09:00 AM

1/8" = 3.175 mm
3/16" = 4.7625 mm
4 mm inside diameter is what you need...

• TWILES

Posted April 08, 2007 - 11:09 AM

I think I warmed mine with a lighter to get them on. They never came off.

• byggd

Posted March 04, 2011 - 09:37 AM

I'm finding 4mm (5/32") silicone hose with wall thickness of 0.100 on ebay for around a buck a foot. Is this the right stuff for a 02 426?

• danfromnb

Posted March 05, 2011 - 09:03 AM

That should work for ya

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • byggd

Posted March 08, 2011 - 03:21 PM

That should work for ya

Thanks! As long as I'm replacing them they might as well be pretty blue :thumbsup:

• CanadianWR450

Posted March 08, 2011 - 03:32 PM

I'm glad this post started because I too was just getting ready to search for replacement lines for my bike, and since I didn't even know the original size, this thread is going to save considerable aggravation...

danfromnb, I do believe your in the mechanic's field?
Got any local sources for suitable line local to us NB boys?

• danfromnb

Posted March 08, 2011 - 05:02 PM

danfromnb, I do believe your in the mechanic's field?
Got any local sources for suitable line local to us NB boys?

Yes I am. I haven't tried to get any but to tell you the truth I should really replace mine before it cracks somewhere close to the carb. Leave it with me for a day or two, I'll be in touch.

BTW: Where in NB are you? Have you ever been to the NBDSC site? Good guys to ride with.

• CanadianWR450

Posted March 09, 2011 - 03:06 AM

Yes I am. I haven't tried to get any but to tell you the truth I should really replace mine before it cracks somewhere close to the carb. Leave it with me for a day or two, I'll be in touch.

BTW: Where in NB are you? Have you ever been to the NBDSC site? Good guys to ride with.

Moncton, just before Hillsborough (Weldon if you want to get real exact...)..

Think I visited that site looong time ago....Mine is not DS, so...never really checked the place out.

• matt4x4

Posted March 09, 2011 - 06:26 AM

3/16 fits fine, just a little tight but if you do it indoors where it's warm and lube the hose with windex or soap, it slides through just fine. I've used the blue one several times on my bike and given my leftover hose to a friend who had no problem putting it on his YZ250F.

• lumpy790

Posted March 09, 2011 - 06:56 AM

I'm finding 4mm (5/32") silicone hose with wall thickness of 0.100 on ebay for around a buck a foot. Is this the right stuff for a 02 426?

FYI - Silicone hose does not work well when exposed to gas...even gas fumes.... It swells up and falls off.

Posted Image

• byggd

Posted March 09, 2011 - 07:24 AM

3/16 fits fine

FYI - Silicone hose does not work well when exposed to gas...even gas fumes.... It swells up and falls off.

So I'm better off using something like this?
http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item230c57b572

• matt4x4

Posted March 09, 2011 - 11:39 AM

that's the same stuff i have on my bike I think - color matches mine almost perfect. In case it's got a larger OD and you feel it's too tight in the little holders, then run a drill bit through them to open them up a little.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.