New WR426

3 replies to this topic
  • RonO

Posted January 28, 2002 - 07:52 AM

I picked up my new WR426 Friday. (Also, my son's new TTR-125L). My dealer sent in the paperwork for the bike to be street legal. Hopefully this week I can put on the Eline multisport kit and get the necessary inspection done. I'll post some pictures once the kit is on.

Tomorrow I'm ordering the YZ throttle stop and maybe a few extra goodies. :)

I think I may have to adjust the back shock to give me a little more sag. And move the forks up a little. Sometimes balancing the bike when stopped is a pain.

As far as starting, the bike will start easy when warmed up. The first start in the morning takes a few tries, but nothing too rough.

On to the mods soon.

• tlwannab

Posted January 28, 2002 - 08:48 AM

How did you get it street legal?I am in CA and am interested in the WR but I didnt know you could get them street legal.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RonO

Posted January 28, 2002 - 09:07 AM

The titles here in W.Va. have off-road use only printed on them. To get a plate, the dealer had to complete a certificate of inspection to change the title for street use. From what he told me the certificate will also flag the state to send a real registration and a plate.

To get the switch over was $15 but the Eline kit was $500. :)

• SealClubber

Posted January 28, 2002 - 05:39 PM

I guess I am lucky. Here in Colorado it seems all you have to have is a Headlight, Taillight and Horn to make it Street Legal. I am working the issue now. The bike already had plates on it when I bought it. I am just trying to get ahold of the old owner so I can transfer the plate to my name. Apparently he is a pilot of some sort that works in Alaska every other month.

I have been out in Ft Irwin for training. Looks like great riding around there. I wouldn't mind getting stationed there next. I sometimes wish the Army would give us Scouts some bikes to use instead of this Big @$$ Bradley. Launching a Brad can be real fun though, as long as you don't break anything (bone or track).

Dan :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.