Green sticker

6 replies to this topic
  • tlwannab

Posted January 28, 2002 - 07:51 AM

does the WRs come with a green sticker or the red sticker for CA.Does it really matter what sticker is on the bike?I want to be able to ride out at Gorman,El mirage,etc with out a problem.I havent rode dirt bikes for about 10years and am looking to get back into it so any info at all would help.
TIA ZAC

• DANSOCAL

Posted January 28, 2002 - 08:08 AM

From what I have been told from friends and also all the forms i had to sign when i bought mine saying i am aware this is a red sticker bike it is my belief that it is red sticker only. although i have heard of some getting issued green stickers.As for me, im still waiting for my sticker. I ride at el mirage and gorman on a regular basis but red stickers are only allowed to ride there during the winter months. check out the BLM web site for restrictions.

02 wr426 throttle stop mod, exhaust uncorked,airbox cover gone, jetting changed(see-ya xr's)

• tlwannab

Posted January 28, 2002 - 09:41 AM

what is the web address for the BLM

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tlwannab

Posted January 28, 2002 - 09:42 AM

what is the web address for the BLM

• kev426

Posted January 28, 2002 - 04:03 PM

when i got my 01 wr 426 i was told red sticker only. but the dmv gave me a green sticker. luck of the draw i guess :)

kevin

• CHris_PArks

Posted January 28, 2002 - 04:27 PM

dmv people are retarded. in northern cal, lots of dmv's still give green stickers to 2 stroke mx bikes. mach 1 uses that as a selling inspiration.

parx

• Tom14911

Posted January 28, 2002 - 04:34 PM

If the 8th digit of your VIN is a "c" or a "3" technically you are getting a red sticker.

I, too, have a green sticker for my 01 WR and my sons 01KX85.

Tom

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.