Silly Question, but still need help

4 replies to this topic
  • bigredxr

Posted April 02, 2007 - 05:49 PM

How do you fine fellows remove an orv sticker from plastic? I put mine on my license plate holder and I of course had to try removing it before I put this years sticker on and ended up with a sticker that wants to come off in little pieces. Heat gun or goo gone or what?:bonk:

• Thumpmeister

Posted April 02, 2007 - 07:18 PM

Are you trying to remove it to re-use it, or just take it off?

If you just want to take it off, I've used a razor blade in the past, and just go carefully. Heat will help, but the razor is the way to go. Just be carefull when you do it, as its not hard to cut into the plastic.

I highly doubt you'd be able to re-use it once you got it off, cause usually it comes off in pieces...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bigredxr

Posted April 03, 2007 - 02:23 AM

I just want to remove it, don't care about saving the sticker for future use. I think I want to stay away from using sharp objects as I'm sure I'll get into the plastic.

• creeky

Posted April 03, 2007 - 04:32 AM

Use a hair dryer to soften the sticker and scrape it off with something plastic, a plastic spatula or a body putty applicator works good and will not scratch. Use mineral spirits or WD-40 to remove the remaining glue.

• bigredxr

Posted April 04, 2007 - 02:50 AM

Thanks for the help that's exactly what I ended up doing. Used goo gone to remove stickum. I just thought I'd ask the question to see if anyone knew of a super secret easy way of removing the sticker. There's alot of people on here with a lot of experience with stuff like this. Thanks again!:bonk:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.