uncorking?

2 replies to this topic
  • focallength

Posted April 02, 2007 - 01:51 PM

what are the most common ways everyone uses to "uncorck" their XR? I am surprised that their isnt a sticky thread right at the begging covering this, we need a uncorking bible. If their is one please let me know, if not lets get one together. I know their are a lot of tricks, I think it would benefit everyone to put them in one place.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cleonard

Posted April 02, 2007 - 02:33 PM

What bike? I'll guess the XR600 since that is what your other post is about. What year. Is it a single carb model?

The intake snorkle must go. I bet yours is already long gone. It's a plastic piece that goes into the air inlet hole on top of the airbox. It cuts the area down by half. This is the first "cork."

The stock pipe has a baffle with a tiny hole out the back. That's the other "cork." Either replace it with an aftermarket baffle or replace the the pipe completely.

Same for the air filter. Get an aftermarket Uni or Twin Air.

The bike comes on the lean side from Honda and now it will be even leaner. Jet up a little and it will start better and give more power.

Now you will be uncorked. There is a good chance that all these things have already been done.

Don't expect your bike to be like a CRF450. That is not what it is.

There are a few other things to really look out for. The choke plate flapper has been know to break off. Do a search on "choke plate" in this forum.

• Billahjack

Posted April 02, 2007 - 05:44 PM

General XR Mods- http://www.4strokes.com/tech/honda/

Bunch of links there for a bunch of XR's.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  148 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.