Some upgrades to my 426

4 replies to this topic
  • lowry

Posted April 02, 2007 - 04:45 AM

Over the winter I picked up a bunch of crap for my bike and finally got to try it all out yesterday. I thought I would post some pics for anyone else looking to do similar upgrades.

I wanted a more comfortable seat so I went with the Guts Racing Tall/Soft seat. It makes a huge difference over the stock one and was easy to install with an electric stapler. I wanted some higher bars also so I bought the RC High Fat bars with risers. This combo really made the bike a lot more comfortable for me. I barely have to bend over when I'm standing up. My brother-in-law is about 5'10 and cannot touch the ground on the bike. I'm 6'2" and it's perfect for me.
No sore ass or back after 6 hours of single track.:bonk: I wish I would have bought these right away.

I also picked up a moose skid plate and Moose front fender bag that I mounted on the back. It just barely fits as the straps are a little short but all I keep in it is a tool wrap so it works great. I put a wing nut and bolt through it and the fender in case the straps come loose. So far so good.

I also bought a Ram Mount for my GPS. How did I manage without this. That thing is perfect. :naughty: The MSR elephant ears kept my hands nice and toasty while riding in about 40 degree weather in the mud.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Most of the stuff I bought was off of recommendations here, so thanks.

• xr_man

Posted April 02, 2007 - 05:37 AM

nice looking wr ....like the folding mirrors too

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • byggd

Posted April 03, 2007 - 01:06 PM

Good looking 426 :bonk: I have an 02 and love it. I road a buddies 05 and it's nice but I'm not a read aggressive rider so I'll stick with my 02. besides I have it moded just the way I like it and I don't want to start all over. Do the auto decompress cam mod and add a Rekluse, both good investments. :naughty:

• lowry

Posted April 04, 2007 - 03:53 AM

Good looking 426 :bonk: I have an 02 and love it. I road a buddies 05 and it's nice but I'm not a read aggressive rider so I'll stick with my 02. besides I have it moded just the way I like it and I don't want to start all over. Do the auto decompress cam mod and add a Rekluse, both good investments. :naughty:

Thanks, yea I would not want to start all over either, especially getting it street legal. I always day dream about wanting a new one of course then I ride mine and can't think of a reason why I would need a new one. It starts first kick, runs like hell and has never let me down so far. I think I'll just run it into the ground and save my money for a GS or a 950 Adventure or something.

• Fryboy

Posted April 04, 2007 - 10:13 AM

Nice upgrades Lowry !

I want the GPS Ram Mount !!!!! Must make not taking the GPS out of your backpack worth its money in gold.

Long live us 02 DubyaR riders :bonk: I love my bike too

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.