WR Info please

1 reply to this topic
  • gf7duster

Posted April 02, 2007 - 03:49 AM

A freind of mine is looking at getting back into bikes after a multi year layoff.He is a big guy 6'4 260 and is looking for an off road/playbike.One bike he has found and asked me about was a 1998 WR 400.As I own a Honda I don't know much about these bikes.How is the reliabilty?Does this bike sound like it would suit his needs?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bg10459

Posted April 02, 2007 - 05:43 AM

I would be real careful with an old 4 stroke. Sure, the Yamaha's are bullet proof, but if it goes it big bucks to fix. I'd look at a 2 stroke if he's getting an old bike. A new top end is relatively cheap.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.