Sprocket sizes

3 replies to this topic
  • MaxPower

Posted April 02, 2007 - 12:42 AM

[COLOR="SeaGreen"]What size sprockets are you currently running? year bike and type of riding?[/COLOR]

• baha

Posted April 02, 2007 - 12:51 AM

I run a A plated supermoto and a woods set up yz, they both use the same counters. I have a 15 for high spped on the SM, I will put a 14 on it for some tight twisty roads around here. The woods bike uses a 13 for tight trails, but a desert run makes me put a 14 on it. Three counters and I have a vast gearing spectrum. I just loosen the rear slide it foward, change counter, slide the rear back. In other words I can change this in minutes with basic tools.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WRC

Posted April 02, 2007 - 04:39 PM

I run a A plated supermoto and a woods set up yz, they both use the same counters. I have a 15 for high spped on the SM, I will put a 14 on it for some tight twisty roads around here. The woods bike uses a 13 for tight trails, but a desert run makes me put a 14 on it. Three counters and I have a vast gearing spectrum. I just loosen the rear slide it foward, change counter, slide the rear back. In other words I can change this in minutes with basic tools.

ossidog, what size rear do you use with your 13 for the tight trails? My 07 WR 450 has a 13- 50 combo works pretty good but need something a little lower geared in the tight stuff. I was going to go to a 12 counter but have not been able to find one for this bike. Thanks in advance.

• CaseyWR450

Posted April 02, 2007 - 04:56 PM

14-50 and I mainly race harescrambles.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.