Anybody else use a tail bag? '83 XL600R

2 replies to this topic
  • Timmerz

Posted April 01, 2007 - 08:10 PM

Wifey got this for me off the Cycle Gear site and I finally got to install it this weekend...I'll be commuting with the bike a few days this week, so will be able to tell whether it stays in place pretty quickly.
I followed the directions for installation, and it seems really firmly in place...I'm pretty sure that highway use will be a breeze...on the dirt? Might be a different story....we'll see.
Anybody else use these and got any hints?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CTXr650L

Posted April 02, 2007 - 01:59 PM

i have the B-alaska tailbag by chase harper, nice unit seems to stay in place pretty well but ive pretty much used it on the street and dirt roads, never tried it when doing any serious off roading. i run mine more on the back of the seat so it would actually keep me from sliding back on the seat too far but on the road it makes a pretty nice backrest when im getting lazy :bonk:

• Timmerz

Posted April 03, 2007 - 12:01 AM

i have the B-alaska tailbag by chase harper, nice unit seems to stay in place pretty well but ive pretty much used it on the street and dirt roads, never tried it when doing any serious off roading. i run mine more on the back of the seat so it would actually keep me from sliding back on the seat too far but on the road it makes a pretty nice backrest when im getting lazy :bonk:

Yeah, the instructions mentioned that it could either be mounted to the back secton of the seat or to the rear fender if there was sufficient support back there, which there is in my case....thought I'd try this first, 'cause I frequently take the grandson up to the tops of hills that his bike won't make...will save me the trouble of removing the bag each time I want to double-up....

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.