Well TT friends...

25 replies to this topic
  • CaptainKnobby

Posted April 02, 2007 - 06:06 PM

It will sure be sweet to work on the motor of that 2 banger......... unlike the 4 stroke!

• 00YZ426FMRCD

Posted April 02, 2007 - 06:11 PM

Good for you! Enjoy! I wish I had the $$'s for a new 2 Stroke. If I had the money to dump in a new bike, I would probably go with a new YZ250 2-Stroke. I hear the 06-07's are the shit.

If your 450 is too easy to ride, you can always try difficult and challenging terrain/tracks...

• skipn8r

Posted April 02, 2007 - 06:31 PM

Man, 2 smokes just do it for me.

I hear what you're sayin'.... :bonk: Make sure to post a pic or two.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kid on a 426

Posted April 02, 2007 - 06:34 PM

Good for you! Enjoy! I wish I had the $$'s for a new 2 Stroke. If I had the money to dump in a new bike, I would probably go with a new YZ250 2-Stroke. I hear the 06-07's are the shit.

If your 450 is too easy to ride, you can always try difficult and challenging terrain/tracks...

the 05's are nearly identical as 06-07's. I heard a very small rumor that the green sticker rule is going to be moved to 05 but I doubt it, I will only get a smoker if that happens, but if it doesn't it looks like an 07 wr450 for me in a few years :bonk:

• steve_97060

Posted April 02, 2007 - 06:39 PM

We were at the track over the weekend, and I jumped on the boy's 125, it was a blast to ride and I felt like I was going faster on it.. I would have liked to have been able to compare lap times to see if it was actually faster or just because it felt so light and wide open...regardless, it is a kick in the ass to ride the tiddler, two throttle positions, wide open or closed, working that clutch....

• Butta

Posted April 02, 2007 - 07:16 PM

We were at the track over the weekend, and I jumped on the boy's 125, it was a blast to ride and I felt like I was going faster on it.. I would have liked to have been able to compare lap times to see if it was actually faster or just because it felt so light and wide open...regardless, it is a kick in the ass to ride the tiddler, two throttle positions, wide open or closed, working that clutch....

I am finding the same thing........my '03 CR250 is finding itself in the back of my truck a heck of a lot more often than my 450 does. I still have yet to race the 2 smoker, but I'm getting more and more comfortable on it. I might be racing it this month....

I never thought I'd say it, but the smoker is just more forgiving than the 450 is.

:bonk:

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.