Well TT friends...

25 replies to this topic
  • Baron Von Beard

Posted April 01, 2007 - 03:34 PM

It has been decided, I will be strictly riding smokers until further notice. I love my 125 and have decided to axe the YZ450F and pick myself up a 250 smoker.

See y'all later! Bwaahahaha!!!

And no, it's no April Fool's joke.

• 642MX

Posted April 01, 2007 - 03:43 PM

See ya later. :bonk:

• ____Kurt____

Posted April 01, 2007 - 04:04 PM

ok man what ever floats your boat. tell us how you like the 250 compared to the 450 and the pro's and con's :bonk:

• bigbluerider4life

Posted April 01, 2007 - 04:09 PM

:bonk:

• rjboschjr

Posted April 01, 2007 - 04:22 PM

You'll like the YZ 2T forum, lots of info and knowledgeable people too :bonk:

Oh... it's a YZ right?

• The Italian Stallion

Posted April 01, 2007 - 05:09 PM

It has been decided, I will be strictly riding smokers until further notice. I love my 125 and have decided to axe the YZ450F and pick myself up a 250 smoker.

See y'all later! Bwaahahaha!!!

And no, it's no April Fool's joke.

Really? no b.s Hey I rode a guys 06yz250 last year at the track and I have to tell you I was very impressed with it! Having been on 4 bangers for the last 7 years I had a blast I didn't want to get off it.he was riding my 06450 and niether of us made the first move to pull off. Once I got used to fanning the clutch agin the bike was great.

• RCannon

Posted April 01, 2007 - 05:41 PM

Baron, you dont need to go far....http://www.thumperta...sprune=-1&f=198

Your always welcome here.

• Baron Von Beard

Posted April 01, 2007 - 06:09 PM

Man, 2 smokes just do it for me. I might feel differently after a while on the smokers, but the fact remains that I would rather ride my 125 than my 450. The 450 is just too easy. It takes nothing to do anything on the track. Smokers make things more interesting.

• Dr.Crankenstien

Posted April 01, 2007 - 06:26 PM

Different strokes 4 Different folks. It sure is nice having all these options.We are living in a time where we have lots of good choices.
Good Luck!:bonk:

• dwnlowx

Posted April 01, 2007 - 11:37 PM

Im Am ____________

Ill Let You Guys Figure It Out

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • baha

Posted April 02, 2007 - 12:01 AM

Here Here! Wise choice!

• Ga426owner

Posted April 02, 2007 - 06:19 AM

Man, 2 smokes just do it for me. I might feel differently after a while on the smokers, but the fact remains that I would rather ride my 125 than my 450. The 450 is just too easy. It takes nothing to do anything on the track. Smokers make things more interesting.

I have had a few buddies lately say the same thing....I just jump on a 250 every once in a while to find out how much more I have to work......a 125 for me is just way too damn much work...to go fast.
I am old and lazy I guess....a 4stroke is for me....:bonk:

• Wiz636

Posted April 02, 2007 - 06:29 AM

I have only ridden my 426 twice this year...I have been living on board my RM250 :bonk: Unfortunately the Suzuki two stroke forum is a ghost town...I go to the Yamaha forum for general smoker stuff.

• Baron Von Beard

Posted April 02, 2007 - 07:00 AM

I've been riding my 125 for the past 2 months and never felt like I needed to get back on my 450. I took it out last week to see how I felt about getting rid of it. Needless to say I rode it once and then jumped on the 125. Thumpers are just no fun anymore. :bonk:

• idahoexcr500

Posted April 02, 2007 - 07:45 AM

I can relate to your feelings. I just picked up an 05YZ125 for my boys a few weeks ago. I have been riding an 05 CRF450R (which I know you also previously had) the last couple of years. Had not been on a 125 for 20 years. I have put more time on it than my 450 lately, its so much fun! You can get away with stuff that would put you on your head with the 450.

I am struggling with deciding to keep my 450 or sell it and look for a late model YZ250. Good luck with the smoker.

• grayracer513

Posted April 02, 2007 - 08:41 AM

The 450 is just too easy. It takes nothing to do anything on the track. Smokers make things more interesting.

Ah, but that's what I love about them. The bike becomes less like a machine that has to be mastered and tamed, and more like a willing ally, an extension of my body that will do whatever I want it to. Instead of me having to make it do what I want done, it wants to do what I will. Then I can focus on the mental game of winning.

But, different strokes...

Good Luck. Stop by now and then. :bonk:

• Baron Von Beard

Posted April 02, 2007 - 09:27 AM

Ah, but that's what I love about them. The bike becomes less like a machine that has to be mastered and tamed, and more like a willing ally, an extension of my body that will do whatever I want it to. Instead of me having to make it do what I want done, it wants to do what I will. Then I can focus on the mental game of winning.

But, different strokes...

Good Luck. Stop by now and then. :naughty:

I'll always stop in for some good conversation. It's always fun to have people tell me I'm an idiot every now and then. :bonk:

• Pincushion

Posted April 02, 2007 - 02:41 PM

My 426 has only been started twice since last August when I bought the 250. I'll fire it up, putt down the road and then put it right back in the garage where it puts indentions in my concrete floor. Just too damn heavy to enjoy after spending time on the 250.

• eazrider

Posted April 02, 2007 - 03:20 PM

I have those same sort of urges, but I have overcome them a different way: When it seems the 450 is too easy to ride, I have a very small pair of vice grips, so small in fact, they fit up into my helmet. I grit my teeth and clamp those buggers as hard as I can onto an ear lobe, and then, off I go on my 450, and it's just like riding the "2 smoker". Good luck. (really the vice grips are MUCH cheaper, and just as effective at making it not "too easy too ride" as riding the "smoker"..) :bonk:

• Baron Von Beard

Posted April 02, 2007 - 04:06 PM

I have those same sort of urges, but I have overcome them a different way: When it seems the 450 is too easy to ride, I have a very small pair of vice grips, so small in fact, they fit up into my helmet. I grit my teeth and clamp those buggers as hard as I can onto an ear lobe, and then, off I go on my 450, and it's just like riding the "2 smoker". Good luck. (really the vice grips are MUCH cheaper, and just as effective at making it not "too easy too ride" as riding the "smoker"..) :bonk:

Uhh, okay. Thanks for the advice.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.