What is the best front tire

10 replies to this topic
  • H 17 Racing

Posted April 01, 2007 - 10:01 AM

I have a 07 yz450 and last week while racing I noticed the front tire did pretty good in sticky corners, but at the end of the day it keept sliding out even in some of the berms. I already have thse suspension set. What would you guys recomend?

• flintlock28

Posted April 01, 2007 - 10:12 AM

The Dunlop 756 is a favorite for tracks that run from Loamy/hardpack, but it doesn't hold up all that well.

I ride both track/trails, and I love the Pirelli Scorpion Pro for the front, with the Pirelli MT-16 for the rear. It has worked very well on Hardpack, loam, Dirt/sand mixture, Rocks, and occasional Sand. I can't speak how well it is on pure Mud, because I don't ride Mud very often. I've run the 756, the 739 FA, the Maxxis IT, and the Maxxis SI, and the Pirelli's have been my favorite. The Pirelli's were recommended by Dwight Rudder the "Off-road Riding" forum moderator, and I love the combo. I've been hearing very good things about the Dunlop 952 model also. Hope this helps.

• grayracer513

Posted April 01, 2007 - 10:13 AM

What's the soil like where you ride?

• 642MX

Posted April 01, 2007 - 01:45 PM

The Pirelli Scorpion Pro works very well in all conditions. Try one, you'll love it. :bonk:

• grayracer513

Posted April 01, 2007 - 02:53 PM

The Dunlop 756 is a favorite for tracks that run from Loamy/hardpack, but it doesn't hold up all that well.

The D745 works better in all respects for that combination. For a softer range, the new D742FA is excellent.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • vpmx

Posted April 01, 2007 - 03:30 PM

If money is no object, nothing beats the Dunlop 756RR (Race Ready) front and rear. The front sticks like glue. They don't last long (strong warning), but nothing compares to a fresh set.

• jamiehughes

Posted April 01, 2007 - 07:29 PM

i personally like the dunlop d755 on the front, the 756's just wear out too fast, and when it gets a little muddy, the 742 that mine came with was horrible. the track i ride a lot here gets a bunch of different conditions in a single busy day, in the am it is groomed up and deep, then it it packed, then they put water down and it gets slicker than snot, then it gets dry and slippery again, then the put water down again. the 755 seems to do pretty good for me. it is kind of tough to find though, everybody stocks the 756's now. i do run the new 952 on the rear and so far i have no complaints.

• grayracer513

Posted April 01, 2007 - 08:45 PM

... the 742 that mine came with was horrible.

It should be noted that the original 742 and the new 742FA are entirely different tires. The old one wasn't very impressive; the new one is.

• 250Thumpher

Posted April 01, 2007 - 09:56 PM

Michelin MS3.

I am currently running the 756 because the bike came with it. IMHO, the MS3 lasts longe,r and hooks up much better.

I'm swappin it out when it wears out (which will probably be within the next couple months...

• H 17 Racing

Posted April 02, 2007 - 02:40 AM

Some of our tracks are gravely and others are clay.

• Mfinazzo

Posted April 02, 2007 - 04:22 AM

Michelin MS3.

I am currently running the 756 because the bike came with it. IMHO, the MS3 lasts longe,r and hooks up much better.

I'm swappin it out when it wears out (which will probably be within the next couple months...

Had MS3 on my 04 and loved them and plan on putting a set on my 07. Great tires!!!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.