Using Mexican Pemex in a WR450

3 replies to this topic
  • MxnDoc

Posted April 01, 2007 - 09:19 AM

I need some help:confused: . Have any of you here had difficulities (aka "knocking", "pinging" or detonation using Mexican Pemex on any of your trips down to the Baja. Did you have to take octane booster with you? I also posted this question in the international forum but thought being more bike specific would help as well. Any comments?:bonk:

• jonova

Posted April 01, 2007 - 01:12 PM

I've never had an issue from the Pmex stations. When you buy gas out of milk jugs is when you might have a problem, but I still never have.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ibis

Posted April 01, 2007 - 05:13 PM

2,200 Baja miles on my 06 WR450 using Pemex Extra and have yet to hear a ping.

• bd0nalds0n

Posted April 04, 2007 - 04:56 PM

I was just down there on a 500 mile ride over three days and used gas bought out of milk jugs as well as from the Pemex station. It ran better using the milk jug gas (Supremo) than it did on the 87 octane from the Pemex station. Didn't have any problems.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.