HELP !!! Metal in oil filter

21 replies to this topic

Posted April 02, 2007 - 07:50 PM

I also see small amounts of different colored particles, like dull red, yellow, even some green !

You must have gotten the Honda, Suzuki and Kawasaki flake oil additive.

The steel is probably the crank big end rod bearing. I just bought a used WR bottom end and the only bad bearing was that one. The sand might have come in from the breather tube. I don't know about the rest of the garbage. Maybe the clutch as mentioned before or timing chain guides. Are there any funny noises? If not, put a magnetic oil plug in it. Ride it and see if it breaks or take it apart now.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bikermice

Posted April 02, 2007 - 08:05 PM

Check the bottom clutch disc. I've got two 400's that have broken the bottom clutch disc and the oil filters were full of aluminum. I'm sure your oil pump is trashed (mine was) and maybe some bearings. Get ready to spend big bucks and that's if you do the work your self. If your going to hire it done you may as well part it out on ebay.......Sinse there is so little running time on it you could do what I am doing and maybe get lucky. I took my eng. out of the frame and picked/flushed out all the pieces with the right side case and clutch basket off. You can see into the sump area below the oil pump pick up through a pretty good size hole in the right case half........Good luck. Let us know how it turns out.

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  106 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.