need some help 07 AIS/ fuel screw install

9 replies to this topic
  • redswr

Posted March 31, 2007 - 07:54 PM

can someone who's done this pm me with there # before 10 PST so i can call and ask some questions?

thanks,

• redswr

Posted March 31, 2007 - 09:24 PM

well i got the AIS done but still could'nt figure out how to put the GYTR fuel screw on. any tips?

thanks,

• JSanfilippo

Posted March 31, 2007 - 11:45 PM

You got hung up on the fuel screw block off plate didn't you?

You have to drill that out and that exposes the fuel screw. Then you take the stock fuel screw out and put the new one in. Carful not to lose the o-rings

• redswr

Posted April 01, 2007 - 12:10 AM

well i didn't get it in but i'm heading off to go ride. i punched out a hole that the instructions on the AIS kit told me to... is that it?

• SJMC_DON

Posted April 01, 2007 - 08:48 AM

well i didn't get it in but i'm heading off to go ride. i punched out a hole that the instructions on the AIS kit told me to... is that it?

That will allow you to adjust the existing fuel screw, at least you will be able to richen it up some but if want to install an after market fuel screw like zip-ty or something, you will have to make that hole or passage through the float bowl body a little bigger... I forget what size drill bit I used but I just sized it up by trying to fit the bit through the hole and then used a steady hand and drilled it out enuf to remove the casting marks and installed my new fuel screw. MAKE SURE YOU BLOW OUT ALL THE METAL FLAKE REAL GOOD:prof:

Having said all of that, the thumb wheel is still not real easy to get to but it's a hell of a lot easier and more accurate that trying to get in there with a stubby screw driver.

Good Luck:ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Island Boy

Posted April 15, 2008 - 05:06 AM

This works: Drill a small hole in the block off plate. Screw a small screw in there and then pull it out with a pair of pliers.

• William1

Posted April 15, 2008 - 05:58 AM

Easiest way to remove the EPA pluig on the fuel screw is to remove the bowl. Tap the plug out with a puch and hammer, from the inside out.

If you want to add a second oring to a fuel screw, you will want to drill the opening in the bowl with a 1/4" bit, Again, bowl off the carb, sharp bit, take your time.

• Demo_Slug

Posted April 15, 2008 - 11:29 AM

my 08 already had a hole in the EPA plug, so did the other 2 08WRs that I did the fuel screw on. no drilling was required.

all you need to do is thread in a dry wall screw until it bites into the EPA plug(you are going to need man fingers). and then pull the screw and plug out together. then you unscrew the old fuel screw with a tiny flathead screw driver, use a mirror to make sure the oring came out. then thread the new one in.

• redswr

Posted April 15, 2008 - 06:50 PM

thanks to the last 3 people who posted... already got it done over a year ago now though...lol.

• Demo_Slug

Posted April 16, 2008 - 12:16 PM

thanks to the last 3 people who posted... already got it done over a year ago now though...lol.

:thumbsup: I feel like a sucker.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.