XR650R With a 280 Pound Owner!

4 replies to this topic
  • Malinception

Posted March 31, 2007 - 03:17 PM

Just bought an 01 XR650R and the stock shocks seems a little soft. Any idea what Eibach shocks would be the best for me? I weight about 275 and am about 5'10 inches tall.
I want a shock that can handle a few jumps...not too crazy... and handle well on trails. Any help would be Great!

Thanks guys..

• rebelventurer

Posted March 31, 2007 - 04:45 PM

Congatulations and welcome to TT. For the proper suspension settings and spring rates, check this out just enter your info and it will tell you what you need, you may print it out and keep as a reference.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kritter

Posted March 31, 2007 - 05:15 PM

Start with the right springs for your weight unless you have the budget to just drop the forks and shock off to be tuned and sprung for you. Weight yourself and input that number into the race tech spring calc.

• Malinception

Posted April 01, 2007 - 09:20 PM

wow! that was great~! thanks for everything!!

• prockish17

Posted April 02, 2007 - 05:13 PM

I too am about 275, 6'6". I sent both my forks and Rear suspension out to Too tech in So Cal. tootechracing.com this is a great web site filled with loads of info. They installed new springs in both the front forks and the rear. Worlds different, probably the most important thing done to the bike. They were great to deal with. Also Barnums will do them for you. Barnumspro.com He, as you will soon find out, has more info than anyone about this bike. I trust Rob with everything XR650R related. See his site and if you don't have one yet, get the Edelbrock. That is the second best thing you can do. Also, once that suspension is set up for you, at 5'10" you will not be touching the ground, my point being you don't want to be kicking all day when you fall off, unless you don't plan on falling off. Good luck and welcome to the group.

Related Content

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

• 4 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.