Need help quick - 07 WR450, air jet won't b ootom out

2 replies to this topic
  • Jammer

Posted March 31, 2007 - 11:42 AM

I'm installing the Yamaha jets that came with the bike. Includes a 110 air jet. Dirt Bike article says it goes in mouth of carb, where there is no jet currently. There are 2 holes there - 1 is a needle air jet - I removed the stock jet & tried putting the supplied air jet in there but won't thread in (this is the hole on the left as you are looking at the carb mouth - new air jet is bigger in diameter). apparently the right hole is for this air jet, and it threads in but does not bottom out & stop.

So, is the 110 air jet necessary? What does it do? What happens if I don't use it?

all help appreciated & thanks in advance.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SXP

Posted March 31, 2007 - 06:34 PM

I'm installing the Yamaha jets that came with the bike. Includes a 110 air jet. Dirt Bike article says it goes in mouth of carb, where there is no jet currently. There are 2 holes there - 1 is a needle air jet - I removed the stock jet & tried putting the supplied air jet in there but won't thread in (this is the hole on the left as you are looking at the carb mouth - new air jet is bigger in diameter). apparently the right hole is for this air jet, and it threads in but does not bottom out & stop.

So, is the 110 air jet necessary? What does it do? What happens if I don't use it?

all help appreciated & thanks in advance.

If this is the GYTR AIS kit then I believe there is a recall on the AIS kit because of the very problem you noted. Contact your Yamaha dealer for the correct size jet.

• Jammer

Posted April 01, 2007 - 08:04 AM

I got the TT AIS kit & am using the needle/jets that came with the bike - in a separate bag. Anyway, got the jet installed, bike ssems to run fine. I have posted a bit more info over here:

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=489537

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.