E-line light kit vs. Baja Designs

9 replies to this topic
  • rubys-dad

Posted March 31, 2007 - 10:49 AM

I'm suprised more people aren't using an e-line light kit. Baja designs seems to be the most popular around here. I guess my problem with B.D is the turn signals stick out, waiting to break off. In fact my buddy just took his off because of that reason and he kept kicking them when he swung his leg up. If it works check out my garage for some pics:thumbsup:

• ARin

Posted April 01, 2007 - 01:16 AM

link to eline stuff?

• spick

Posted April 01, 2007 - 05:46 AM

Here's the link to the e-line kits. The eline signals appear to stick out a bit too... Any pics of the rear end setup?

• rubys-dad

Posted April 01, 2007 - 11:01 AM

Not quite sure how to post pics yet , but I have some pics if you click on my garage

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted April 01, 2007 - 01:07 PM

Probably the main reason for the E-line kit being not as popular as the BD kit is the price. Looks like about $134.00 more than the BD kit. Personally I prefer the Trick Dualsport kit due to the excellent customer service and IMHO the Best Dual Sport kit on the market. I have had mine on my 03 WR 450 since February of 03 and the only problem I have encountered was caused by yours truly. When I called Dale to order a new brake switch he wanted to send me a new one for free but I assured him that his warranty didn't cover stupidity. The personal service is second to none. You always talk to the brains of the company, not some low paid person on a commission telling you what you want to hear..It is a great kit.:bonk:
Jim

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 89TRX350RX

Posted April 03, 2007 - 04:49 AM

I have a BD Quick Release kit on my WR426 and it is an awesome kit. As far as signal lights hanging out, it came with flush mounts, mounted on a YZ fender with a plastic licence plate drop down and LED rear brake/tail light. the front signals stick out a little, but if you are going to hit something with them, you are going straight into something as they are in about a foot from the end of the handlebars. I had some issues as posted in another thread with the Hi/Low beam switch (same as other guys) and BD sent me a complete NEW UPGRADED switch assembly FREE-OF-CHARGE once they had completed and tested the upgrade (they knew that there were issues with the switch getting hot and not working after extended use).... SOOOO with that being said... Baja Designs makes a Good product and stands "Behind" what they produce with excellent customer service:applause: :bonk: IMHO

Perhaps your friend purchased a different version (one with wide signals at the rear)? had he looked at some of the other versions, he may have chosen the kit with the flush mount rears. As an after thought, I bought mine at BTO Motorsports and found them to be the best price...

Jamie

• spick

Posted April 03, 2007 - 07:16 AM

What stator mod is required for the BD kit? They claim it is a simple mod on their site...

• 89TRX350RX

Posted April 03, 2007 - 07:30 AM

With the wr426, there was no stator mod required, aparently it has enough oomph to run it. I've had mine for a year now, and like I said the only prob was the Hi/Low beam switch... I like my kit, just need some Motard tires so I don't have to ride on bald DOT tires everytime I go single tracking...

Jamie

• MSHAM

Posted April 03, 2007 - 09:00 AM

The BD dual sport kit has had some issues. Speciffically the multi switch failing. The result has been no Hi-Lo capabilty. BD has replaced my switch and others. From looking at the formentioned kit above, they have a picture of the switch and it looks identical to the Baja Designs multi switch. these parts are cheep and from china. You can find them individually on the internet for less than what BD is charging. The wiring harnesses and regulator are the key ingrediants. everything else can be pieced together. I think some have used the stock KTM multi switch. Search baja designs and you will find some of us discussing the switch issues.

• MSHAM

Posted April 03, 2007 - 09:03 AM

With the wr426, there was no stator mod required, aparently it has enough oomph to run it. I've had mine for a year now, and like I said the only prob was the Hi/Low beam switch... I like my kit, just need some Motard tires so I don't have to ride on bald DOT tires everytime I go single tracking...

Jamie

That's what I'm finding! I'm going to buy a scooter to run around town on and not run into this problem. The plate comes in handy on forest roads and the like. Not good transportation when you want to ride fast(speeding tickets) and have tread on the weekend!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.