Hour meters 07

14 replies to this topic
  • fitzy

Posted March 31, 2007 - 03:49 AM

Where is everybody mounting their hour meters on the 07's. Also Where is the best place to pick up the signal from?? Tried on top of the plug cap but no go. Pics please if you have them??
Thanks

• simon@vic

Posted April 01, 2007 - 08:30 AM

you can some times get a signal off one of the wires going to the stick coil.

but your bike came with an odometer........just go by mi/km's for your maintenance. 300-500km for oil, 1000-1500km check the valves, linkages every 4 months, and everything else weekly!!!

• msgbean

Posted April 01, 2007 - 10:45 AM

I mounted mine on the fuel tank mounting screw. Just made a little bracket out of a piece of tin. I just wrapped the wire around the top of the plug cap four times then wraped electrical tape around it to hold it in place.

Posted Image

• Anthony CRF450

Posted April 01, 2007 - 05:05 PM

the pic looks good!!!
what type is it? i.e. brand
is it waterproof?
does the tacho work?
what would the service &Valve intervals be in hours? (not km's)

• Gary Murray

Posted April 01, 2007 - 05:30 PM

I mounted it on the right handlebar just inside of the starter button and brake perch. I cut a 1/16" aluminum plate the size of the hour meter base and cut 4 holes in it to zip tie it to the bar. Then used the velcro to attach the gauge to the plate. It is easy to read and stays put very well.

• fitzy

Posted April 02, 2007 - 03:49 AM

Couple of good ideas there fella's. Thanks

• RJB

Posted June 08, 2007 - 03:13 AM

I mounted mine on the fuel tank mounting screw. Just made a little bracket out of a piece of tin. I just wrapped the wire around the top of the plug cap four times then wraped electrical tape around it to hold it in place.

Posted Image

Thanks for the pics and tip here - I'll be mounting mine just like that.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SXP

Posted June 08, 2007 - 05:36 AM

Thanks for the pics and tip here - I'll be mounting mine just like that.

Or just get a Vapor. You can transfer all the information from your current Odo to the Vapor (guesstimate the number of hours and enter it). Just as a guide, I'm at ~1100 miles/55 hours. And, you get the added functionality of knowing how hot your motor is running and a digital/bar tach.

• RJB

Posted June 08, 2007 - 07:27 AM

Or just get a Vapor. You can transfer all the information from your current Odo to the Vapor (guesstimate the number of hours and enter it). Just as a guide, I'm at ~1100 miles/55 hours. And, you get the added functionality of knowing how hot your motor is running and a digital/bar tach.

SXP - do you have a pic of the Vapor install on your WR? I have the Endurance installed on my old YZ and found it pretty good.

• SXP

Posted June 08, 2007 - 08:57 AM

SXP - do you have a pic of the Vapor install on your WR? I have the Endurance installed on my old YZ and found it pretty good.

I'll take some close-up pics tonight and post them.

• face_plant

Posted June 08, 2007 - 01:19 PM

i just installed a vapor on my 05 very easy took 20 min for speedo 3 hours for thermo sensor(aluminum bolts in steel frame sucks) could not use the upper hose the sensor rubbed the tank so i used the lower and the wire was to short so i had to splice 8'' to make it work. the tach was the easiest after i found out what i was doing wrong..(HAVE TO WRAP THE COIL STEM not the wires to the coil..to mount it to the stock bracket turn it upside down and just use 1 bolt works fine....engine temp 135-200 degreese is this normal?

• xrmarty

Posted June 09, 2007 - 11:53 PM

Posted Image

that's a great location for the meter if your running a stock tank. I was unable to put it there because I got the IMS 3.1 gal tank. Instead, I installed it on the frame.

Posted Image

• PROWLER 58

Posted June 20, 2007 - 05:28 PM

you can some times get a signal off one of the wires going to the stick coil.

but your bike came with an odometer........just go by mi/km's for your maintenance. 300-500km for oil, 1000-1500km check the valves, linkages every 4 months, and everything else weekly!!!

I have a new 07 WR450, are you sure it has an odometer ? The mile markers have resets, which ive already managed to reset both. is that what your talking about ? ive looked in the manuel ,and no mention of odometer.

• msgbean

Posted June 20, 2007 - 07:34 PM

I have a new 07 WR450, are you sure it has an odometer ? The mile markers have resets, which ive already managed to reset both. is that what your talking about ? ive looked in the manuel ,and no mention of odometer.

It has two trip meters, A and B, which is the same as an odometer if you don't reset one of them.

• PROWLER 58

Posted June 21, 2007 - 05:08 AM

It has two trip meters, A and B, which is the same as an odometer if you don't reset one of them.

Yes , thats what I thought. Ive accidently tripped both already.so I quess Ill never have a true odometer reading now.Just have to add about 40 miles to one of them for a general idea.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.