07 Yz450f Question

8 replies to this topic
  • Honda28

Posted March 30, 2007 - 07:41 PM

Does anyone have the MRD full exhaust system? how do ya like it vs. stock? and wha about the jetting once u switched the exahust?

• Mfinazzo

Posted March 31, 2007 - 05:23 AM

:bonk: Good post, mine should arrive mid week. I"ll give an update next Monday.

• timrandich

Posted March 31, 2007 - 05:57 PM

I have the low/mid version of this pipe on my 06. It fits greats, bolts right on with no issues. It adds a little power accross the range, but is louder than stock, it looks really nice too....:D

Bottom Line: FOr the price - Best Pipe on the market.:bonk:

DId not have to rejett....:naughty:

• Ranger18

Posted April 02, 2007 - 06:44 AM

I have the low/mid on my 06, and it rips. Great low end, and an increase in power thru out!! I thought the power would flatten out, but it pulls like a tractor the whole time. It is a little louder than stock, so if thats a concern, get the quite core. You will not be disapointed with this pipe.:bonk: :naughty:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Honda28

Posted April 02, 2007 - 03:08 PM

I have the low/mid on my 06, and it rips. Great low end, and an increase in power thru out!! I thought the power would flatten out, but it pulls like a tractor the whole time. It is a little louder than stock, so if thats a concern, get the quite core. You will not be disapointed with this pipe.:bonk: :naughty:

nice.... what about the jetting what are you running? stock?

• BlkLT1Z28

Posted April 03, 2007 - 05:45 PM

I rode the bike stock(06)....it was real good.....I put in a 48 pilot(If I remember) a 90 leak jet along with the ap mod and a full low/mid mrd exhaust......All I have to say is 3 maybe 4 words....

Oh my ****ing GOD. I cant imagine a bike with a better power band. It has so much(power) and its everywhere, and talk about smooth.

The exhaust took 10min to put on, bolted right up and it makes the bike sound like a monster. A friend of mine wont ride behind me anymore b/c when I lay into it out of a corner it scares him. His words exactly.

• Mfinazzo

Posted April 14, 2007 - 02:27 PM

:thumb sup: Good post, mine should arrive mid week. I"ll give an update next Monday.

Just had a chance to install mine. I could tell that the bike was different as soon as the bike started up. After a little adj of the fuel screw(about 2 turns)
it was very crisp almost like cracking the throttle on a 2 smoker, no bog out all. Can't wait to ride.:thumbsup:

• Ranger18

Posted April 15, 2007 - 05:54 PM

nice.... what about the jetting what are you running? stock?

I run 48/170 with an NFLR needle 4th clip position. About 1 3/4 turns on the air/fuel screw.

Just had a chance to install mine. I could tell that the bike was different as soon as the bike started up. After a little adj of the fuel screw(about 2 turns)
it was very crisp almost like cracking the throttle on a 2 smoker, no bog out all. Can't wait to ride.:worthy:

My bike feels the same, that's why I haven't sent my carb to zipty or done the AP mod. I just can't bare the thought of possibly screwing up my throttle responce.:thumbsup:

• Mfinazzo

Posted April 16, 2007 - 07:37 AM

I run 48/170 with an NFLR needle 4th clip position. About 1 3/4 turns on the air/fuel screw.

My bike feels the same, that's why I haven't sent my carb to zipty or done the AP mod. I just can't bare the thought of possibly screwing up my throttle responce.:thumbsup:

I know the feeling, I just cant bare the thought of boxing up my carb and shipping off some where.
:worthy:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.