Put on 51 tooth rear 0n 06 yz450f and WOW!

9 replies to this topic
  • CaptainKnobby

Posted March 30, 2007 - 06:53 PM

put on my 51 rear tooth sprocket left the front stock which is a 14 and man does that thang pull 3rd:applause: I cant wait to get on the track for practice in the morning! Ill bet it will climb like a goat. If there is one thing one should do to your bike for the rideability is put a 51 tooth rear on and you will be amazed:thumbsup: Man does that thang pull!

• twenty34

Posted March 30, 2007 - 07:37 PM

put on my 51 rear tooth sprocket left the front stock which is a 14 and man does that thang pull 3rd:applause: I cant wait to get on the track for practice in the morning! Ill bet it will climb like a goat. If there is one thing one should do to your bike for the rideability is put a 51 tooth rear on and you will be amazed:thumbsup: Man does that thang pull!

Stock gearing is 13/49...I went to a 12 and hated it...that's more than 3 teeth in the rear, but I still prefer stock.

• grayracer513

Posted March 30, 2007 - 08:09 PM

Yep, you miscounted. Stock is a 13.

• Mfinazzo

Posted March 31, 2007 - 05:21 AM

I did the same for my 07, yes big improvement.

• LoneRanger171

Posted April 01, 2007 - 09:50 AM

Does anyone have a 50 on the rear and if so how much easier are 3rd gear corners? I rode for the first time this year/new bike 06SE and seemed to have to take tighter corners in 2nd. I think it would be easier to handle all turns in 3rd. A 51 rear seems like a little too much for me though.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dooweb2

Posted April 01, 2007 - 11:17 AM

i have a 50 and love it I had a hard time taking corners I was always im between gears ... 2nd was to short and 3rd was to tall .. now its about right for me and you wan jsut turn in 3rd and hold the gas on by the time you get out of the turn the bike catches up and goes like hell down the straight .. 51 would be good on tighter tracks id think but may be a mother on all of them lol

• CaptainKnobby

Posted April 02, 2007 - 06:28 PM

Yep, you miscounted. Stock is a 13.

No I didnt miscount! Checked it again to make sure... Mine came stock with a 14 front and 49 rear.:bonk:

• max49

Posted April 02, 2007 - 07:43 PM

No I didnt miscount! Checked it again to make sure... Mine came stock with a 14 front and 49 rear.:bonk:

so with your 14/51, you're pretty close to the stock 13/49, hmmm, wonder why it would have came with a 14?

• grayracer513

Posted April 02, 2007 - 07:47 PM

Okie Dokie.

Read page 2-3 of your manual.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted April 03, 2007 - 07:00 PM

Again grey I didnt miscount> My stock front was 14 because I ordered a renthal 14 front and 51 rear and renthal 520 works chain since Iam sponsored by them for this year. When I recieved the parts in the mail I got my 14 renthal front and chain but they sent me 49 rear, "not what I wanted" So then I called them and they said they backed ordered the 51 rear and would send it asap. five days later the 51 rear came. With the stock front and rear sprocket on my bike hardly worn I went ahead and pulled them off so I could put on the 51 rear. When I took the front sprocket off I noticed the number 14 on it. And I knew it was suppose to have came from the factory with a 13 front but it didnt I counted the sprocket to see .......and yep! it was a 14........ imagine that!!!

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.