Broken throttle plate

1 reply to this topic
  • chancer

Posted January 27, 2002 - 05:03 PM

Last time I rode my bike, it ran terrible. Brought in the old garage and started checking the reason. Found the throttle plate missing a piece at the bottom and cracked up the side that is still there. Has anyone else had issues with these? The little gem costs $80.00 + 10.00 for the o-ring. I talked to the dealer and was told this never happens, well except to me. I have never worked on a motorcycle so much in my entire life. I used to ride KTM's only. One thing about Yamaha, you become a good mechanic.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • fershy

Posted January 27, 2002 - 06:51 PM

Yes this is a known issue with the Keihen Carb on these bikes. Do a search on broken slide and you will see a number of incidents.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.