the dealer didn't give me a warranty!?!

13 replies to this topic
  • redswr

Posted March 30, 2007 - 04:07 PM

hey guys, when i went and got my 07 the dealer had me sign a paper that said that the bike was sold "As is" with no warranty and that Yamaha didn't put any warranties on the new WR models. Is this right or should i tell Yamaha about it?

• jams229

Posted March 30, 2007 - 04:43 PM

Mine came with a 30-day warranty. But most of these "high performance"
dirt bikes do not come with warranties these days. My CRF450X came without any warranty as well. You can usually pay extra for a plan offered by the dealership if you choose.

• WR_Dave

Posted March 30, 2007 - 04:51 PM

I have never bought a dirt bike that had warranty available in the last 30 plus years. In Canada all dirt bikes are sold as is from the dealer as far as I know. WR Dave.

• TyeeHusky

Posted March 30, 2007 - 04:59 PM

The dealer if full of crap!!!

My 07 WR450 and all of them come with a 30 day warranty.

Go to the Yamaha web site or contact Yamaha but they come with a warranty.

Wonder why they told you it does not??? Maybe to get you to purchase a warranty from them. Did they pressure you to buy a warranty?

• steve lemley

Posted March 30, 2007 - 05:05 PM

30day warranty is standard from yamahs on the 07 wr450f.

• TWILES

Posted March 30, 2007 - 05:07 PM

The YZ and WR come with a 30 warrenty when you buy them. Mine did and every other one sold in the USA has a 30 warrenty.

• DCaddy

Posted March 30, 2007 - 07:32 PM

I don't recall if they offered me a warranty on my 05 or not. However they did offer a 2 year warranty on the engine for $200.00.....Hell yes, I bought it.

Come to think of it....I think it expired last week!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gregwr450f

Posted March 30, 2007 - 10:43 PM

3 months warrenty in Oz.

• Thermos O flask

Posted March 31, 2007 - 03:29 AM

Mine had 3 months,not that you ever need it.They build them tough.

• yz-dwg

Posted March 31, 2007 - 05:01 AM

I don't recall if they offered me a warranty on my 05 or not. However they did offer a 2 year warranty on the engine for $200.00.....Hell yes, I bought it.

Come to think of it....I think it expired last week!!

did you use it?

• redswr

Posted March 31, 2007 - 12:23 PM

they didn't pressure me to buy a warranty but they told me about it.

• DCaddy

Posted April 01, 2007 - 04:58 AM

No I did not use the power train warranty I purchased with the bike. However I was able to get the dealer to split the cost of a new pilot screw for the bike. It didn't come with one or fell out while I was riding. I slowly did the mods on my bike and discovered this a few months after riding. Since the pilot screw and plug were both missing, I hit them up for a new one and settled with splitting the cost for it. Not a lot of money, just the principle of not having one and owning a bike that didn't hardly idle more than 10 seconds pissed me off.

• Canuck

Posted April 02, 2007 - 10:23 AM

30 days is usually standard. Buy from a reputable dealer and you should not have any problems. Had a defective carb go 2nd month riding a WR250f in spring 2001. Being a new model and first year production, thought I was up sh*t creek for the summer. Dealer lent me a carb from his own machine until my replacement came in. Above and beyond customer service.

• MountainMax

Posted April 05, 2007 - 09:28 AM

maybe canada is different, here Competition bikes do not come with ANY Warranty.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.