help...I have a problem and yamaha might also.....

2 replies to this topic
  • matts06yzf

Posted March 30, 2007 - 02:11 PM

Ok month or so ago I did a thread on bike wont go into neutral. So today I replace clutch well its not that its the STOPPER LEVER ASSEMBLY. Its in pieces. So one its backordered for 2 months, but i called yamaha raising hell they found 1 in the US. I will have it by thursday a 10 dollar part for 70 go figure. HERES MY MAIN CONCERN. The stopper lever has bearings all around say 10-12 well mine has zero:bonk: . Dealer and myself ran magnets all in there didnt come back with anything. Do you think they are still in the tranny or have come out in oil change we dont have the old oil. but the way yamahas drain from the sides I am really concerned. What should I DO?????????

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted March 30, 2007 - 02:56 PM

Can't help on finding one, but if the '06 is anything like the earlier ones, you'll probably be more able to find the loose balls under the sump screen, which, in the '05 and earlier was more accessible from behind the ignition cover. There should be a fairly large port there looking right in on the screen. Worth a look.

• matts06yzf

Posted April 02, 2007 - 03:23 PM

How concerned should I be about these missing little bearings? Dealer and I cant find them. Assume they came out in oil changes and forget it or what? I also bought a magnet drain plug

Related Content

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.