LA Sleeve 400 kit for YZ450

25 replies to this topic
  • grayracer513

Posted July 08, 2007 - 07:49 PM

BTW, wouldn't a 03 YZ450 motor in a 2007 chassis be the perfect bike? (with an auto-clutch, of course) :thumbsup:

I would have agreed with that before I owned and rode an '06. The '03 engine is much more thrilling; the '06 is vastly more useful, and the bike is noticeably faster because of it.

Your "butt dyno" is lying to you.

• teamtoxic

Posted July 09, 2007 - 11:42 AM

So how long before we see a 350cc kit when the AMA makes the stupid horrible decision to restrict the "Motocross class" to 350cc? :thumbsup: Looks like we'll all be riding mopeds with 12" of suspension travel before it's over with. Ha!

• grayracer513

Posted July 09, 2007 - 11:54 AM

I keep thinking that someday, racers will get tired of the AMA and start over. I've been thinking that from time to time since 1969.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted July 10, 2007 - 09:58 AM

I keep thinking that someday, racers will get tired of the AMA and start over. I've been thinking that from time to time since 1969.

amen...that would be the single best idea that riders and manufacturers would both flock to....:thumbsup:

• velocity101

Posted July 11, 2007 - 10:09 PM

amen...that would be the single best idea that riders and manufacturers would both flock to....:thumbsup:

I triple that. It irritates the hell out of me every time I watch the races on on Speed and they keep reminding you to join the AMA because they do oh so much for us... all the while, another riding area gets shut down. Kiss my grits, AMA.

• creeker

Posted July 12, 2007 - 04:47 AM

IMO, the stock 450 lacks the punch that the 426's have. I rode a bone stock 07 and was pretty disappointed with the power. The handling and suspension was awesome, but the power delivery was too slow for me.

I couldn't have said it better myself! My brother has an 06' 450 and we have ran them in the hayfields and I can either get him every time or it is dead even in the end. I was expecting him to eat my 426 up... but that's never been the case.

Granted, the 450 seems to have a more "even" power delivery, but it don't seem to have anything on my 426.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.