07 WR450 sag

9 replies to this topic
  • TyeeHusky

Posted March 29, 2007 - 08:33 PM

Anyone set the sag on there 07 WR450 yet?

If so was it a pain to get to the shock? did you pull the shock or lift the subframe?

• Dan250

Posted March 29, 2007 - 11:28 PM

Looked imposable to me to, just use a long punch and a hammer to break the lock nut loose. Access from kick start area. Then while bike is on a stand just turn the spring and count the flats.

• Looks450

Posted March 30, 2007 - 03:55 AM

It looked to hard so i gave it a miss. I really should make the effort though

• JaysDirtyRide

Posted March 30, 2007 - 07:28 AM

I used a large flat screw driver and a mallet to make the adjustments.

It's not hard at all...just takes a bit of time.

-Jay

• TyeeHusky

Posted March 30, 2007 - 07:52 AM

I guess screwdriver and hammer have it. Same way I did my last YZ but thought I would ask if there was an easy way to do the WR. I think I will turn on the tunes, crack a beer and slowly spin it.

have a great one.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ffgman

Posted March 30, 2007 - 09:55 AM

A long flat blade screwdriver and a hammer works great from the kickstart side of the bike. Its a piece of cake, the bike will reward you after you do it.

• msgbean

Posted March 30, 2007 - 10:28 AM

Just put it on a stand, loosen the lock nut and turn the spring by hand. So much easier than using a punch.

• TyeeHusky

Posted March 30, 2007 - 05:02 PM

Just set the sag. Was no problem from kickstarter side. Used a long screwdriver and the clamp on the pipe as a little leverage. Rear tire off the ground for on pressure on the spring. Worked great.

Thanks guys!!

• Rick_R

Posted March 30, 2007 - 09:16 PM

I just put a mark on the lock nut with a sharpie, spun it with a large screwdriver & hammer 1 turn at a time, measured, and 3 beers later it was done!!:bonk:

• Looks450

Posted March 30, 2007 - 10:06 PM

Just put it on a stand, loosen the lock nut and turn the spring by hand. So much easier than using a punch.

Used this method today and worked fine.

Looks

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.