fuel mixture screw fitment

8 replies to this topic
  • tammie

Posted March 29, 2007 - 07:50 PM

Hi there, does anyone know if the fuel mixture screw is the same on the yz400 and the yz426 im looking for a after market easy adjust one and all the ones on ebay are showing yz/wr426, yz450. I assumed they were the same as the OEM parts finder site i was on showed matching part numbers for the fuel screws on yz 400 and yz426. I just found one ebay auction now that says "Will fit all YZ/WR 250F, 400F, 426F, 450F" that was one auction but allthe others made no mention of fitting yz 400 i know its old but its not extinct yet :bonk: heehee

• Tobyforlife

Posted March 30, 2007 - 09:10 AM

Hey Tam,
Yes it will as they are carb specific and not bike model specific. (Keihin carb).

• tammie

Posted March 30, 2007 - 02:07 PM

thanx im buying one now....

• Tobyforlife

Posted March 31, 2007 - 01:09 PM

cool! Make sure you keep an eye on the 'o' ring when you install, and tune the screw around 1800 rpm, warm engine. Whats up with your avatar, looks like you got hit by a train!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tammie

Posted April 01, 2007 - 08:03 AM

that was a snowboarding injury in the canadian rockies(2 broken arms, 4 broken bones) fun times.......i could be late for anything because i didn't have a watch and couldn't open doors well haha

• Tobyforlife

Posted April 02, 2007 - 03:26 AM

that was a snowboarding injury in the canadian rockies(2 broken arms, 4 broken bones) fun times.......i could be late for anything because i didn't have a watch and couldn't open doors well haha

.....took a guy to the emergency room last year, after a nasty 'loop out' over a double at our local track, he definitely had 1 broken arm as it looked like a crooked limb, when he complained that his other arm felt sore too, the Dr. suggested another xray as long as he was there, wouldnt you know it, 2 broken arms. The nurse came up to me later and said "I hope his wife loves him", as I didnt quite know what she meant until I thought it through, and then I figured it out when he came out of triage with two casts on his arms and said "geeze, I sure gotta go to the bathroom"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• tammie

Posted April 02, 2007 - 04:41 AM

haha thats funny because after i woke up from being put under to put my arms back in place the doctor starting saying "so do you live alone", "do you have good friends here" ...etc etc....finally he got to the point and my friend beside me starting laughing and said apprehensively "i'll help her" it was funny but in the end I was fine to do all that myself albeit just a little slower ...I could't wear button flys for a long time though......haha

• Tobyforlife

Posted April 02, 2007 - 06:56 AM

haha thats funny because after i woke up from being put under to put my arms back in place the doctor starting saying "so do you live alone", "do you have good friends here" ...etc etc....finally he got to the point and my friend beside me starting laughing and said apprehensively "i'll help her" it was funny but in the end I was fine to do all that myself albeit just a little slower ...I could't wear button flys for a long time though......haha

well see, you have very good friends, because when my friend said "I have to go to the bathroom", I replied "hope your wife loves you, cause I only like you"!! Then I ran out of there and left him to fend for himself (just kidding). We work together and I think he was off for like 4 months. He still has 'post dramatic ride syndrom' my word for relunctancy to ride again. 1 steel plate and 4 screws to hold it in. But on another note I did both of my knees (ACL's) 4 years earlier, so we are both gimps haha. Jeff

• Tobyforlife

Posted April 02, 2007 - 06:59 AM

[I could't wear button flys for a long time though......haha[/QUOTE]

Button flys are so passe, I think they went out with nylon parachute pants. hahaha
(coming from a guy with absolutely no sense of style)

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.