Dead battery

6 replies to this topic
  • Tanner S

Posted March 29, 2007 - 06:38 PM

This may be a stupid question but I'm going to ask it anyway. My buddy and I want to go riding tomorrow but his 05 WR450 battery is dead from letting it sit all winter and now it won't hold a charge. Is it like a car where if the battery is dead then the car won't run at all or can he get by with kick starting it all day?

Thanks for the input.

• WR250James

Posted March 29, 2007 - 07:37 PM

pretty sure you can kick it over... its not that big of a deal

• ajetmech

Posted March 29, 2007 - 07:45 PM

Try it. If it runs ride it. If it dont then fix it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matt C

Posted March 29, 2007 - 08:16 PM

I have ridden mine with a dead battery before. You just have to kick start it. But unlike a car the bike wouldn't charge the battery back up by riding. I had to take it out and put it on a charger on low amps for a few hours.

• specialk6r

Posted March 29, 2007 - 08:17 PM

He'll be fine kickstarting all day. Some people completely remove the battery just for the reduced weight.

• Tanner S

Posted March 30, 2007 - 06:32 AM

Sweet, that's what I was thinking but didn't want to be the one who screwed his bike up just because I wanted to go. Thanks for the advise!

Heading out now!!!:bonk:

• Canuck

Posted April 02, 2007 - 10:31 AM

Kick always works, but defies the reason for having the button! Yank out the battery and put it on a low trickle. Next ride the battery will be appreciated!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.