Dubach SA slip on question?

6 replies to this topic
  • flintlock28

Posted March 29, 2007 - 04:29 PM

Just mounted a used Dr. D SA slip on exhaust. I noticed that the kick starter rubs slightly against the pipe...(looks like previous owner had the same thing happening, as there's a wear mark) What did you guy's do to remedy that?

Looks like I may be able to rotate the kickstarter possibly enough backward to avoid hitting....not sure. Let me know if you run the same setup....Oh, one other thing; should I use high temperature RTV at the head pipe/slip on connection? Doesn't seem to be leaking, but I wonder if I should, just to be safe??

thanx

• flintlock28

Posted March 30, 2007 - 03:53 PM

bump

Anybody??

• buzzgrizz

Posted March 30, 2007 - 06:34 PM

mine also touches it slightly but not to bad so i just ride it like it is

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 250Thumpher

Posted March 30, 2007 - 06:53 PM

Mine touches it too on my YZF.

Do not use RTV on the slip joint. All you need is a very thin coating of anti-sieze.

The exhaust gases would have to turn around, and go back through a very very thin tolerance for an inch to escape...

• flintlock28

Posted March 30, 2007 - 07:10 PM

Thanks for the help.....Yeah, you're right, it would take a heck of an effort to escape.

I already mounted the pipe, if I don't use anti-seize, will it be a problem down the line?

• 250Thumpher

Posted March 30, 2007 - 07:28 PM

Thanks for the help.....Yeah, you're right, it would take a heck of an effort to escape.

I already mounted the pipe, if I don't use anti-seize, will it be a problem down the line?

Just more of a PITA to remove it later on down the line. Doesn't mean that it's not feasable, but it is much easier to remove.

• flintlock28

Posted March 31, 2007 - 05:32 AM

O.K., I may take it back off and put on some anti-seize.

I've only had a chance to ride down the street a few times, but the low-end definately feels stronger. Didn't have enough time to evaluate it compared to stock. I really won''t know until I hit the trails/track.
thanx

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.