Almost Completed The Perfect Xr650l

52 replies to this topic
  • rmhrc630

Posted April 11, 2007 - 11:45 PM

I will have to admit that Glenns attitude needs some work, but he has proven an issue that we have discussed before with no resolution. You can kick start and L. Everyone was under the impression that it would not kick without electrical mods. For me this was pretty huge. I want to add a kick and keep my E start. So thank you glenn for that! Now we need to figure out how to transplant the 600 Cdi into the L with no ill effects!

hey XR I'm going down this track...

XR400 CDI reportedly works on the 600R

Vortex make a programmable CDI for the 400R

Install Vortex CDI on my 628R!!!!

(Vortex is Australian and I spoke to the guy who makes them so possible progress being made...)

Fingers crossed

• xr650l bum

Posted April 12, 2007 - 05:54 AM

I have sent them an email as well requesting if they make one that would work with the 650l! xr 400 to xr 600 sounds good, but might be stretching to assume it would work for the L.

• Bryan Bosch

Posted April 12, 2007 - 07:42 AM

You See Thats What I Was Talking About When I Said This Site Was Just A Joke, Because 99 Percent Of You Are Blowholes And When Someone Gives You Real True Info You Freaks Try To Tear It Apart Because You Don't Have The Brains Or Skills To Do The Mods So I Guess All You Can Do Is Make Up Bullshit And Try To Out Talk Each Other. Oh, And I Sure Hope Your Not The Guy Known For (daves Carb Mods) Because Any Half Ass Tech Knows Thats Just A Common Dyno-jet Instruction Sheet And I Guess You Had To Copy That Too!! Keep Copy'in You Loser!!

And Yes I Am Cocky And One Hell Of A Wrench And You Just Come Get Ya Some!!! *****

Glenn, in case you are wondering why I removed your access to this site, I'm pretty sure this post provides any necessary clarification. Clearly this site is a waste of your time (why hang around with a bunch of blowholes, right?), so really, I've done you a great favor. Good luck to you sir.

• XR650L_Dave

Posted April 12, 2007 - 08:03 AM

Well Now Look At Your Attitude, Looks Like You Might Just Be A Little Bitch That Likes To Read Other Posts From Other Morans And Then Tell Everyone Its The Way To Go!!! You See Thats What I Was Talking About When I Said This Site Was Just A Joke, Because 99 Percent Of You Are Blowholes And When Someone Gives You Real True Info You Freaks Try To Tear It Apart Because You Don't Have The Brains Or Skills To Do The Mods So I Guess All You Can Do Is Make Up Bullshit And Try To Out Talk Each Other. Oh, And I Sure Hope Your Not The Guy Known For (daves Carb Mods) Because Any Half Ass Tech Knows Thats Just A Common Dyno-jet Instruction Sheet And I Guess You Had To Copy That Too!! Keep Copy'in You Loser!!

And Yes I Am Cocky And One Hell Of A Wrench And You Just Come Get Ya Some!!! *****

Sad to tell Mr. Glenn that I am indeed that dave.
Heh-heh-heh-heh.

Funny how I'm one of the guys that didn't give him any sass until he really got going- until he pulled his post, in fact.

Maybe a little moderator revenge would be to re-post his post?

I do have to confess I did not invent those mods, I just put 'em all in one place (got most/all from the yahoo xrlug group), and somehow my name got attached to 'em.

And, as we all know, they sure ain't the dyno-jet instructions!

Dave

• TREADMARKS

Posted April 12, 2007 - 08:35 AM

Sad to tell Mr. Glenn that I am indeed that dave.
Heh-heh-heh-heh.

Funny how I'm one of the guys that didn't give him any sass until he really got going- until he pulled his post, in fact.

Maybe a little moderator revenge would be to re-post his post?

I do have to confess I did not invent those mods, I just put 'em all in one place (got most/all from the yahoo xrlug group), and somehow my name got attached to 'em.

And, as we all know, they sure ain't the dyno-jet instructions!

Dave

+1 for Dave's Mods. Great info-easy access-solid results.

They provide much better results than the dyno-jet course of action.

Why the H E Doublehockeysticks is this guy back???

I thought he left for good.:thumbsup:

Mommy must have paid the AOL bill. :worthy:

• philipstjohn

Posted April 12, 2007 - 01:27 PM

If he is not careful, someone at some point will "give him some" with a wrench over the head! :ride: :ride:

Thanks Bryan. :thumbsup: :worthy:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bryan Bosch

Posted April 12, 2007 - 03:49 PM

Hell, Just The Caps For Each Word Was Enough To Earn A Ban!:thumbsup: Talk about someone that just doesn't play well with others.:worthy:

• Quigley

Posted April 12, 2007 - 04:36 PM

Hell, Just The Caps For Each Word Was Enough To Earn A Ban!:thumbsup: Talk about someone that just doesn't play well with others.:worthy:

You should also repost his deleted info as punishment... not that we need to know or anything :ride:

• jetfuel

Posted April 12, 2007 - 04:47 PM

Darn, can anyone help me with my kickstart project. Posted Image

• Nummie

Posted June 05, 2007 - 10:28 AM

QUESTION FOR THE SITE MODERATOR:

Why and who left this Reputation Recieved on my account ?

"Latest Reputation Received
Thread: Almost Completed The...
Date: 03-31-2007 11:10 AM
Comment: ignorant remark "

Ignorant remark?!
Here's what I posted to deserve being called ignorant:

dual carbs are 30mm each and that totals 60mm, the largest single i have found is 42 and 18 more mm is big time hp increase thru out the entire power range.

Now that's some terrible math.
It's the area that matters.

A 30 mm carb has an area of (Pi * 15 mm^2) = 706.9 mm^2
Two 30 mm carbs have an area of (2 * 706.9 mm^2) = 1413.8 mm^2

A 42 mm carb has an area of (Pi * 21 mm^2) = 1385.4 mm^2
So you can see that the dual carbs do have a larger area, but more importantly, they have different flow characteristics (smoother).

You can't just add two diameters from two smaller carbs and compare with a larger diameter carb.
What's that all about ?!:thumbsup:

Now I ask you, was my comment really that ignorant?
I think someone got their feelings hurt over nothing.
I'm a 39 yr. old mechanical engineer at a nuclear power plant.
Fluid dynamics is one of my areas of interest and though I make no claim to be an authority on the subject, I reserve the right to critique elementary math statements.
Furthermore, the smaller diameter primary carb has a higher velocity flow, when compared to a larger single carb, to fill the same cylinder volume. It's just a superior design that was obsoleted because it was more expensive to produce and more complex to set up and maintain.

Having said that, here's some interesting Honda information on why they chose to develop the dual carb set-up.
Posted Image

• martinfan30

Posted June 05, 2007 - 11:24 AM

i also am wanting to add kick/keep e-start. glenn, have you actually put a part list together for the addition?

• DenialDeath

Posted June 17, 2007 - 07:52 PM

I am kind of confused after reading this post...too many distractions in it.
I want to get rid of the estart and put on the kickstart. I am aware of the mechanical parts that need to be replaced. My question is, what exactly needs to be done to use the xr600 CDI? New flywheel and stator?

• EarlT

Posted October 17, 2007 - 06:53 PM

This would be a Good spot
to put the Link for those Dyno Jet Mods.

EarlT

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 9 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  186 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.