need good carb. suggestions

21 replies to this topic
  • Kawabuggy

Posted April 13, 2007 - 06:41 AM

I am currently deciding on whether to up my compression, or buy a pumper carb. I did a search and came across this thread. My understanding is that a pumper carb is a very good update over the stock set-up. But how does it stack up powerwise to a compression increase from the factory 9.1:1 to say 10.5:1??

Since both updates will roughly cost the same, which one (or both?) should I consider first????? I already have a Hot Cam, Full Performance Exhaust, UNI Air filter, & Jetted stock carb. For the most performance-what is the next step?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xr500_89

Posted April 13, 2007 - 12:59 PM

well the best way to bump up the power overall is to go hi comp piston then get a carb to deal with the new fuel needs they kinda go hand in hand if you got the cash for both go with both

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.