Damage to swingarm

9 replies to this topic
  • b757dr

Posted March 29, 2007 - 09:05 AM

Last ride out the daughters YZ250 was vibrating really bad(crank bearings) she asked to ride my 450 around the camp area and hills, I said OK:banghead: She actually rammed into her brother-in-law that was riding my old KX500, it has a hole in the swingarm and she dented my swingarm on the 06 YZ450. What do you all think. Daughter is fine and no I will not beat her, extra chores yes but no beatings.....yet.
:bonk: or:thumbsdn:

Posted Image
Posted Image

• Ga450owner

Posted March 29, 2007 - 09:13 AM

It is dented but probably fine - to ride on. Man 2 swingarms damaged this is going to be costly

• kawirider

Posted March 29, 2007 - 10:04 AM

I know it sounds like a stupid question but is there anyway the warranty can cover it?

• never59

Posted March 29, 2007 - 10:23 AM

I know it sounds like a stupid question but is there anyway the warranty can cover it?

The warranty is for mechanical failure not user error.

• 642MX

Posted March 29, 2007 - 12:52 PM

Warranty doesn't cover, wearable items, negligence, stupidity, or abuse. I'm sure a damaged swing arm falls into one of those categories.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DrThumper

Posted March 29, 2007 - 01:02 PM

Keep an eye on it for cracks starting. Chances are you are fine, but if she bent the aluminum past its tensile strength you'll see cracks develope. Then the chores will get much harder and more frequent...

• ____Kurt____

Posted March 29, 2007 - 01:59 PM

man that is too risky for me and makes it look like the bike was ditched off a cliff IMO. but i bet you can find one on ebay cheap. im not too sure how much they are at the dealer

• gtguy

Posted March 29, 2007 - 07:52 PM

Search ebay I know there is one on there...

• jamiehughes

Posted March 30, 2007 - 04:13 AM

might want to put a little tension in that chain also.

• grayracer513

Posted March 30, 2007 - 07:54 AM

might want to put a little tension in that chain also.

You might not, too. Setting the chain tension on the '06-7 YZF by the way it looks instead of actually measuring it is an extremely common mistake, and one that can end up breaking the rear hub. :bonk: It looks like it's pretty close to right, IMO. Measure it if you're not sure.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.