Rear Sprocket.

10 replies to this topic
  • CRooKeDCoP

Posted March 28, 2007 - 05:20 PM

I have an '06 WR 450 Planned mods are as follows :

The basics to make it breath right , AIS Removal , Re-Jet , New Pipe , Grey wire and air filter.

I was wondering if a rear sprocket change would be another good small mod , and change. Like not any teeth up or down , just different material ?

Any other small mods I missed would be great also. I am doing all this not this but next weekend. ( Well the shop is doing it , since I am a hack ).

Thanks guys.

• CRooKeDCoP

Posted March 29, 2007 - 05:23 AM

Nobody can help ? Bump fer today.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted March 29, 2007 - 09:57 AM

if your not going up or down there is no need to change the stock rear sproket. if you plan on doing long fire roads and what then i would say go up on the front sproket one tooth. its cheaper and you can adjust the chain easier.

as for the other mods your right on track. if money is an issure, do it your self its not hard. other then that enjoy :bonk:

• WGP

Posted March 29, 2007 - 10:00 AM

Wear out your current one, then, get IronMan sprockets from www.Dirttricks.com

• CRooKeDCoP

Posted March 29, 2007 - 01:25 PM

Yah BigCoopDawg I do alot of everything out here so changing the teeth is not fer me.

I am at least gonna replace the chain then , because for the 1st part of the winter it had to be stored outside and the chain is completely rusty heh.

and trust me I can't do any mods myself , money is not an issue and it has to be serviced anyways so they said they can do most of the mods at the same time and save me money.

I thought I read somewhere that even just changing the material of the sprocket out back would give some more response and power.

Thanks again guys.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • drtbk4ever

Posted March 29, 2007 - 02:04 PM

I am at least gonna replace the chain then , because for the 1st part of the winter it had to be stored outside and the chain is completely rusty heh.

If you are going to throw out that existing chain, I'll take it off your hands. I am sure that a little TLC and that chain will be nice and shiniy again.
As long as there aren't any kinks in it.

• CRooKeDCoP

Posted March 29, 2007 - 06:21 PM

I am sure something could be arranged for the chain , no kinks it's fine other then the fact that I don't have the time or the effort to clean it up again.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted March 29, 2007 - 07:39 PM

I thought I read somewhere that even just changing the material of the sprocket out back would give some more response and power.
Thanks again guys.

on smaller bikes going from an o ring chain to a non helps but not so much on the bigger bikes

• drtbk4ever

Posted March 30, 2007 - 07:12 AM

I am sure something could be arranged for the chain , no kinks it's fine other then the fact that I don't have the time or the effort to clean it up again.

Hey CrookedCop, where in Alberta are you at? I'm in Sherwood Park.

I'm always looking for people to ride with. :bonk:

• CRooKeDCoP

Posted March 30, 2007 - 01:28 PM

Nice Drtbik4ever , I am from Fort McMurray , but my Mom lives in Sherwood park , and I am taking my bike to Riverside in St. Albert to get done. I should look you up if I come down I guess heh. My Mom also has a cabin out at that lake east of Edm , can't remember the name.

• drtbk4ever

Posted April 02, 2007 - 01:38 PM

Nice Drtbik4ever , I am from Fort McMurray , but my Mom lives in Sherwood park , and I am taking my bike to Riverside in St. Albert to get done. I should look you up if I come down I guess heh. My Mom also has a cabin out at that lake east of Edm , can't remember the name.

CrookedCop, definitely give me a heads up when you will be coming down. There are a couple of so-so riding areas not too far from here.

Cheers.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.