Pro Circuit SS headpipe?

5 replies to this topic
  • Bluemarlin04

Posted March 28, 2007 - 01:22 PM

Does anyone know if this headpipe will give clear access to the oil filter? If it doesnt does anyone know a headpipe that will. Its a PITA to remove the headpipe to change a filter, and my stock one had a run in with a big rock. thanks

• Bluemarlin04

Posted March 29, 2007 - 02:26 AM

Does anyone know? or can recommend one that has clearence?

• gregwr450f

Posted March 29, 2007 - 12:12 PM

Why do you need to to take the header off?

What bike have you got?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bluemarlin04

Posted March 29, 2007 - 07:57 PM

Why do you need to to take the header off?

What bike have you got?

Damn I cant believe I forgot to put in the make/model. Its a 2000 wr400f. I have to remove the header to get access to the oil filter. Plus I put a huge dent in it. So I wanted to buy one where I wouldnt have to remove it.

• John221ex

Posted March 30, 2007 - 05:23 AM

Uh, I have the stock head pipe on my '98 400 and don't need to remove it to replace the filter. Is yours stock?

je

• Bluemarlin04

Posted March 30, 2007 - 11:26 AM

Uh, I have the stock head pipe on my '98 400 and don't need to remove it to replace the filter. Is yours stock?

je

Im pretty sure, guy I bought it from said it has to come off. It looks blocked just looking at it. Ill give it a try. :bonk:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.