Hi/low AC headlight

2 replies to this topic
  • markturbo

Posted March 28, 2007 - 03:06 AM

Hey. I'm going to install a K&S switch for hi/low beam (06 WR450), will the switch work with the headlight if keeping it AC. This is the switch I'm getting...

http://www.gnarlypar...roducts_id=8998

I'm going to add a horn, signal lights, and wire the kill switch into the K&S switch.

I'm new to wiring but I think what I'm trying to get at it is, can this switch only have one power source going in (AC or DC, not both?) because I was planning on running the signal lights and horn off DC power but the headlight is AC.

Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR_Jason

Posted March 28, 2007 - 05:48 AM

Thats a nice switch. It depends on how the switch is wired but most carry a seprate power wire for the light since you would not want to run the current of the headlight through the main turn sig, horn, ign wire as well. I just put a Honda street bike group on my 99 and both that and the stock Baja switch had seprate power and switch for the headlight. I relocated my kill to the right side since thats where it is on most street bikes. I was considering using a key ign switch but hell, if you can find my kill switch and figure out how to kick start the beast a key switch would only slow you down for a few seconds.

• markturbo

Posted March 28, 2007 - 06:37 AM

Thanks for the reply. I guess I really have to wait until the switch comes in to confirm.

I was also thinking about a keyed ignition. I was thinking of moving the main ignition button and hiding it, never thought of moving the kill switch. Maybe I'll hide the factory kill switch as a secondary as well as using the kill on the K&S.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.