06-07 What bars do you use??

10 replies to this topic
  • YZF831

Posted March 27, 2007 - 05:50 PM

I'm not the biggest fan with the stock pro taper's that come on the new yamaha's so I'm wondering what you guys switched to who feel the same way. Definetley need to be higher with a better sweep and rise. Thinking about the renthal twin wall carmichael high's...anyone run these? Input on any other bar will be greatly appreciated also. Thanks!:bonk:

• kylwk1500

Posted March 27, 2007 - 05:53 PM

i use tag's version of the cr high. they are pretty much the same throughout brands, but i love them. they give me plenty of the highth i enjoy off road, and feel great on the track

• Dr.Crankenstien

Posted March 27, 2007 - 06:50 PM

I'm not the biggest fan with the stock pro taper's that come on the new yamaha's so I'm wondering what you guys switched to who feel the same way. Definetley need to be higher with a better sweep and rise. Thinking about the renthal twin wall carmichael high's...anyone run these? Input on any other bar will be greatly appreciated also. Thanks!:bonk:

Yea thats as high as you can go without a longer front brake line.
I am running those and love'em:ride:

• NorCal

Posted March 27, 2007 - 06:51 PM

Pastrana FMX bend. I'm tall, so they work out.

• AlkalineOne

Posted March 27, 2007 - 07:45 PM

Yea thats as high as you can go without a longer front brake line.
I am running those and love'em:ride:

i think the throttle cables are more of the concern...

however i went with the windham bend(which i think is a little taller than the CR high) and they work fine.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted March 27, 2007 - 07:57 PM

My son likes the Windham (RM Mid) bend, which is some 15mm higher than stock. I like the slightly lower Reed/Henry bend.

• Reyndogg

Posted March 27, 2007 - 08:26 PM

reed/henry...put them on as soon as i got my bike home. I never even tried the stock bars, they're sitting in a box in my garage w/the oem grip still in place :bonk:

• FriscoKLR

Posted March 27, 2007 - 11:49 PM

I went with the KX High Bend. 14mm up and more forward than most of the other bars. The Windhams and the Reeds felt like they angled back too much but its all personal preference.

• Dr.Crankenstien

Posted March 28, 2007 - 04:28 AM

i think the throttle cables are more of the concern...

however i went with the windham bend(which i think is a little taller than the CR high) and they work fine.

Throttle is o.k its the front brake line thats tight

• grayracer513

Posted March 28, 2007 - 08:02 AM

Throttle is o.k its the front brake line thats tight

The Brake hose on mine is fine with the Windhams. :bonk:

reed/henry...put them on as soon as i got my bike home. I never even tried the stock bars, they're sitting in a box in my garage w/the oem grip still in place :naughty:

I tried the OEM '06 bars on my '03 when I set it up for fat bars, but they are even lower than the normal YZ bend that came on th eolder bikes, and they also have very little pull back at all. Just kind of a weird bend in general. I put Henrys on the '03 instead.

• Dr.Crankenstien

Posted March 28, 2007 - 09:19 AM

[quote name='grayracer513']The Brake hose on mine is fine with the Windhams. :bonk:
RC highs are 20mm taller than Windham

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.