07 wr450f throttle ?'s

4 replies to this topic
  • kevinwr450f

Posted March 27, 2007 - 05:48 PM

I just brought home my wr450f and the throttle only turns 1/2 at most. I've heard of the "yz" throttle and the "gray wire" as well as the "throttle screw". What is my best bet to "un-cork" this beast?:bonk: :naughty:

• resinlips

Posted March 27, 2007 - 06:18 PM

Go to the thread called "07wr450 preformance mods". You'll find everything you need. I dont think the throttle even turns a quarter when stock. Do all the mods and dont look back! good luck

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Tough Guy

Posted March 27, 2007 - 06:20 PM

I just brought home my wr450f and the throttle only turns 1/2 at most. I've heard of the "yz" throttle and the "gray wire" as well as the "throttle screw". What is my best bet to "un-cork" this beast?:bonk: :naughty:

You can do a search and read all day long on this subject...:D

I had the GYT-R AIS kit installed in mine...the kit will make your bike haul!

Chris

• DrDon26

Posted June 17, 2007 - 01:51 PM

My brother and i did the thottle stop mod and exaust mod. he did the ais i just didnt have the time before our ride. WOW what a diff. bike . The best money i ever spent. Thanks to thumper talk for everything. The bike is so much more responsive its great.

• rodeoripper75

Posted June 17, 2007 - 02:36 PM

just go buy the ais kit and follow your throttle to the carb (if sitting on bike its on right side) pull off your seat open her up and its a pain to get to just follow your throttle cable and look for a screw up underneath not the bottom but underneath on the side. you can actually not even buy the kit but i recomend you spend the extra 45 bucks to get some serious diff in power and pull all the smog stuff off. you can cut the throttle screw take it and shave it down to the threads and its the same as you get if you buy the kit.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.