Mod Priorities for '01' XR-650L

5 replies to this topic
  • gtr-fxr

Posted March 27, 2007 - 02:07 PM

Been lurking around here quite awhile gathering info on the 650L. I've located one locally w/ 2800 road only mi. Your very candid and informative comments prompted me to pull the trigger. It's now in my garage awaiting transformation.
I know it's been asked a thousand times and I'm somewhat embarrassed asking, but where can I find the link to Dave's Mods for the 650L.. I'm going to start with those as well as the smog pump removal. I also need to replace the rear tire. Any and all suggestions will be much appreciated.

• cleonard

Posted March 27, 2007 - 02:25 PM

Here you go http://www.4strokes....xr650lcarbmods/

• jetfuel

Posted March 27, 2007 - 02:26 PM

heres the link to the carb mod http://www.4strokes....xr650lcarbmods/ as far as the rear tire what type of riding are you going to do more of street or offroad?? ... Congrats on the new toy.. if you use the "search this forum"tool in the upper right on the main 600/650 page you should find all you'll ever want to know...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • goblin127

Posted March 27, 2007 - 02:57 PM

One more good thing you can do is to go for the larger tank.

• gtr-fxr

Posted March 27, 2007 - 03:20 PM

Thanks for the links and suggestions. Will be 60 dirt/40 street for tire purposes. Also, what air filter would is best for the $$?

• XR650L_Dave

Posted March 28, 2007 - 07:49 AM

MT21 fits the 60/40 bill, if you go for the larger size (130 or 140).

Unifilter is as good and as cheap as yer gonna get.

Related Content

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

• Hot  41 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.