Questions on 00' wr 400

1 reply to this topic
  • jsaffordwr426

Posted March 27, 2007 - 01:00 PM

a friend of mine is looking at a 00' wr 400 for $2200. it is in decent shape, but has JB weld on a corner of the radiator. Is this a good price? also, how hard is it to put a street legal kit on this bike? do you need to install a battery? thanks for any help.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR_Jason

Posted March 27, 2007 - 02:31 PM

You will want to have the rad fixed. If that thing goes on the trail your screwed unless you carry raw eggs or tampoons in your pack. I dont :bonk: . $2200 sounds a bit hight for a 7 year old bike considering the new ones have major changes like E start and 50 extra CCs plus are much lighter. The kits from Baja are fairly easy to install but I had problems with the kit switch group holding up over time / water so I wired in a Honda street bike control group. As far as how hard it is to get leagal, thats up to your state. In Pa its almost impossible. I bought my 99 WR with pa street tags installed and Ill never get rid of it. Well, not the VIN anyway :naughty: . Euro trash is much easier to get street plated since the titles do NOT say NOT for road use on them.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.