NEW 2002 WR426F

1 reply to this topic
  • buzclev

Posted January 26, 2002 - 07:28 PM

JUST GOT MY NEW 426 TODAY NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET TO UN CORK THIS BEAST AND LET IT RUN FREE THAT I CAN GET THE STOCK SETUP WILL NOT KEEP UP WITH A OLD XR400. HELP!!!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MN_Kevin

Posted January 26, 2002 - 11:32 PM

here you go Buzz:

Use the search feature on the upper right side of this page. Make sure you are using the WR400/426 site.

Look for:
1 - GRAY (GREY) wire

2 - throttle stop

3 - if noise is NOT a factor, pull the very end of your exhaust system out.

4 - remove your airbox lid

5 - when you are ready, you can do the BK mod to your carburater accelerator pump, with a POSSIBLE change in your jetting.

6 - for altering your power output, you can go to YZ timing on your exhaust valve cam. Some guys have preferred sticking w/ the WR timing. YZ timing will give you better, harder pull in your midrange. Also, your bike SHOULD rev quicker.

I went down one tooth on my countershaft sprocket. This has made my first gear much easier to work with in tight, wooded areas, or for slow plonking up single track goat trails.

If you have the cash, a change to a YZ seat, and an aftermarket tank will GREATLY enhance riding postion and handling. If you have a YZ426 to compare it to, sit on it. MUCHO BETTER! :)

[ January 27, 2002: Message edited by: NH Kevin ]

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.