go with new 06 or 07 yz450f?

4 replies to this topic
  • mn519

Posted March 27, 2007 - 08:02 AM

Hey guys, Now that some of you have some hours on your 07's, how do they really compare to the 06?

Is it worth 6-700$ more for an 07? I mainly just ride mx and want the one thats gonna be easier to go faster on. But is there $700 in difference?

Thanks

• never59

Posted March 27, 2007 - 12:36 PM

Hey guys, Now that some of you have some hours on your 07's, how do they really compare to the 06?

Is it worth 6-700$ more for an 07? I mainly just ride mx and want the one thats gonna be easier to go faster on. But is there $700 in difference?

Thanks

Probably not. I have ridden both. Wave rotors, the clutch pull is way nicer than the 06, the rear suspension is suppose to be nicer and i talked to a suspension shop and they said the front fork is a little bit nicer than the 06. You may want to consider resale 06 vs 07, a few years down the road and it maybe less than $700 difference. I wanted to go with the 06 but found an 07 for the same price as the 06. Either way you will not be disappointed!!:bonk:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Stripes123

Posted March 28, 2007 - 06:57 AM

I wouldn't think about it twice - go for the '06

• rideawn

Posted March 28, 2007 - 07:46 AM

I mainly just ride mx and want the one thats gonna be easier to go faster on.

I would say '06 then. Plus more goodies are tried and true for the '06 at this point.

• mn519

Posted March 28, 2007 - 12:01 PM

Thanks guys! I really appreciate the honest answers and you guys saving me some cash!

So I am hoping to pick it up friday, but the owner of the dealership i work with is snowmobiling in the mountains all week with no phone, so i left a message with his wife, incase he calls, 'to tell them to hook me up' cause his salesmen dont believe me on the prices. What goons they can be.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.