05 wr 450 overheating any advice would be much appreciated.

7 replies to this topic
  • otea487

Posted March 27, 2007 - 07:52 AM

bike has a desert tank gas boils coolant is full and fresh why is my bike overheating,water pump?maybe air in coolant system? thanx so much for replies.tt rules!

• WGP

Posted March 27, 2007 - 07:56 AM

Re-Jet and use Engine Ice, do a search too...

• otea487

Posted March 27, 2007 - 08:02 AM

am using engine ice will try to rejet thanks.

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted March 27, 2007 - 09:06 AM

Overheating... my 05 only overheated when I was running a little lean. Try going up one position on the needle clip. See if you you notice a slight difference without it bogging.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ckulzer

Posted March 27, 2007 - 01:32 PM

You may just need to burp the system. Take the cap off and tip the bike over as much as possible without dumping out a bunch of coolant. Do this in both directions. If you have an air bubble, there could be cavitation and the coolant may not have been circulating properly.

If that doesn't work, do what everyone else does and revalve your suspension and install a JD jet kit..... perhaps some other bling might do the job too.

No really, start with the simple things first. If you say that your bike has fresh coolant, that means that you recently changed it and that would account for the trapped air.

Toes in and on the gas...

Chad

• ckulzer

Posted March 27, 2007 - 01:35 PM

Also make sure that your hot start plunger is not stuck open.

Toes in and on the gas...

Chad

• TheCure

Posted March 27, 2007 - 01:57 PM

A cheaper version of do it yourself 'Engine Ice'. It works, I'm using it myself now.

http://www.thumperta...coolant recipes

• WR_Jason

Posted March 27, 2007 - 02:23 PM

Lean = hot.
If your WR is stock try putting the baffel in. The baffel tends to run the bike rich = cool. I use my baffel for road rinding, it keeps the bike quite and cool in town. The trick is jetting so the bike starts and runs with and with out the baffel, unless you dont need the cork at all :bonk:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.