3 replies to this topic
  • tfb4me

Posted March 27, 2007 - 06:34 AM

Hey al I have a 1994 xr 650 L I just bought yesterday!
Actually I should introduce myself!My name is Ron and I live in Brantford Ontario canada.Awsome forum you have here im impressed!what I was wondering what if any other fuel tanke will fit my bike?This one os horribly small kinda hard to go on any sort of diecent rides..I also was looking at it lastnight and realized that the throttle wasn't returning at all.Basically when i turn the throttle it just stays there hung.Where should I start to look?I got a good deal on the bike so I cant complain so I hope everyone gets used to me asking questions
Than,s Ron!

• thefirecrackerkid

Posted March 27, 2007 - 06:38 AM

Hi Ron,
There are companies making tanks for your bike. One of the best places to look new is right here at the Thumpertalk store. For a used tank eBay is probably your best bet. Good luck and welcome from another noob to the boards.
As for the throttle here are the first things I would check:
1. Be sure the cables are free to move and not pinched.
2. Lube as needed - If this doesn't work the cables may need replaced.
3. Check the throttle tube for dirt and binding. The ends get beat up sometimes in a fall.
If you still have trouble you will need to thoroughly clean the carb. A good idea anyway especially if the bike has been sitting for awhile.
Good Luck.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • creeky

Posted March 27, 2007 - 06:48 AM

Hey al I have a 1994 xr 650 L I just bought yesterday!
Actually I should introduce myself!My name is Ron and I live in Brantford Ontario canada.Awsome forum you have here im impressed!what I was wondering what if any other fuel tanke will fit my bike?This one os horribly small kinda hard to go on any sort of diecent rides..I also was looking at it lastnight and realized that the throttle wasn't returning at all.Basically when i turn the throttle it just stays there hung.Where should I start to look?I got a good deal on the bike so I cant complain so I hope everyone gets used to me asking questions
Than,s Ron!

Welcome to the forum. Throttle.....take the throttle assembly apart and clean it out, probably some crud collected in there, make sure the throttle tube is in good condition. Check the cable ends for fraying, lube the cables. Check the cable routing, could be some awkward bends somewhere. Keep us posted on your new ride.

• tfb4me

Posted March 30, 2007 - 06:42 PM

Ok I have taken everything apart and all seems well.Here's what i've found...When the handlebars are straight it snaps closed as soon as i turn the handlebars it hangs where ever it may be.Does anyone have the correct routing for these cables?This would be awsome!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.