Need to lower seat height

3 replies to this topic
  • Pooley

Posted January 26, 2002 - 07:16 PM

I am wanting to lower the seat height in order to reach the ground more easily. I fall over some since I'm 5'9", 170 lbs with only a 30" inseam. I figured I could just cut the foam down from the stock seat and then get it re-covered. Who does the re-covering or is this an easy do it yourself project. It does not seem hard to re-cover. Any one do it themselves? Should mention that a suspension rebuild to lower the bike is out of the question. Thanks.

[ January 26, 2002: Message edited by: Pooley ]

• Ronin

Posted January 27, 2002 - 04:07 AM

I am about 5'9" tall with a 27" inseam, and to ride my bike all I had to do is slip my forks up in my triple trees about 3/4". if you havent done this yet I would recomend it. you will see just how far you can go by the machined seats for the triple tree on your fork tubes. good luck, and recovering the seat is easy....with an air or electric stapler that is. just tack the front and the rear and work over one side at a time.

later,
Ronin

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Taffy

Posted January 27, 2002 - 09:58 AM

your diagonal downtubes on the suframe...

remove 15mm and reweld. done it and it worked a treat. to be honest it was easier on climbs.

go into search and chuck a load of words at it.

if you find it let us know the name.

Taffy

• Taffy

Posted January 27, 2002 - 10:09 PM

found it. try this. it's called jack it up!

http://www.thumperta...f=3&t=002944&p=

Taffy

[ January 27, 2002: Message edited by: Taffy ]

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.